Roots is an excellent open source WordPress starter theme. It’s built with HTML5 Boilerplate. WordPress themes WordPress builder plugin provides no need to test anything manually, including business WordPress landing pages. When making changes to multipurpose WordPress theme or eCommerce website templates with Woocommerce, you can be sure that a featured or business website, landing page, and product layouts look beautiful and excellent.
- Wordpress Page Template Location
- Wordpress Page Template Hierarchy
- Wordpress Page Template Not Showing
Selecting a Page Template
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New. In the search field type WP Page Templates. In terms of one page WordPress themes, the Sydney theme has something special.
Your Theme files should include a default page template (named: page.php). Your Theme may also have one or more custom page templates, for instance, to display content in wider columns. Or you may have created a custom template of your own.
Edit Page Screen: You can assign a custom template for any individual Page by using the Template dropdown in the Edit Page screen (part of the Page Attributes module). You can find the settings from your WordPress Dashboard > Pages. You can either create a new page or edit an existing one.
- Select a Template from the list (e.g., My Custom Page).
- Click the Update button (or Save Draft if not yet published).
All Pages Screen: The Quick-Edit and Bulk Edit options on the All Pages screen also have Template dropdowns.
Wordpress Page Template Location
Template List Will Show Only If:
- There is at least one custom page template file in your active Theme's folder. If you change your Theme, the page templates in your previously activated Theme will not display.
- You are viewing a screen for editing a Page: page templates are not a default option for posts or custom post types.
Wordpress Page Template Hierarchy
You can also import pre-made templates that you only need to customize slightly and they're ready to go.
Wordpress Page Template Not Showing
OrbitFox comes with a great template library that you can use for free. You just need to install the plugin, go to Template Library in your WordPress dashboard under the plugin's settings, and import your favorite templates.