How to Make a Social Media App for Free in 3 Easy Steps?
- WeChat is China’s most popular messaging app. With a monthly user base of 1 billion, it trails only Facebook and WhatsApp. Here’s what you need to know about.
- WeChat is a Chinese multi-purpose chat app that has grown into a ‘super app’ with added.
Last Updated on May 21th, 2020
Choose a unique app design
Customize the design with appealing images.
Add features like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Make a social media app without coding.
Publish your app on Google Play and iTunes
Engage with your Social Media followers from all over the world.
ISLAMABAD (REUTERS) - Pakistan restored Facebook, Twitter and several other social media apps on Friday (April 16) after blocking them for about five hours on security grounds amid a crackdown.
Now that you know how you can create a social network app using Appy Pie’s App Builder, let us go further and check out how this tool is going to be beneficial for you.
Why choose Appy Pie’s Social Network App Builder
Appy Pie’s App Builder is one of the best app building tools available online. It helps users create an app in just a few clicks. It offers multiple effective features and great templates to make the app more useful for the users.
The Social Media App Maker from Appy Pie is unique and is most favoured by developers because of following reasons:
- Social Network Apps can be built for Free.
- Create a Social Media App in Minutes.
- No Coding Skills Required.
- Social Media Apps get Published & Shared on Apple’s App Store and iTunes Store.
- Apps can be easily Monetized with Ads, earn from your apps while you sleep.
- Get real-time App Analytics, make changes to improve the app experience for your users.
If you are keen to build a community around your product/services, the social network app can be a great way to create, nurture and manage one.
Benefits of using Appy Pie’s Social Network App Builder
Appy Pie’s Social network app creator can now help you build a social media app for Android and iOS, and experience all the benefits of networking with your registered users:
- Post updates – including videos, photos and text
- Comment or like posts
- Manage users – top 100 users who are most active on the basis of their profiles
- Help audiences get to your content faster
- Keep them better engaged
- Leverage Push notifications for selling products or publishing articles
- Follow people and be followed
- Create a private community of users
- Share your posts
- Share User Profiles & build stronger networks
- Use Hashtags to organize posts using our Kluster feature
- Get email notifications when users comment on your posts, subscribe or follow you
- Restrict comments on the basis of user profiles
Appy Pie’s App builder helps you create a perfect app in just a few minutes. You don’t need any coding or technical knowledge to create your social network app using this unique platform. Due to all these amazing benefits in a Social Network App you can reach out to your target audience in an easier and smarter way. The app helps you enhance your customer base and grow your business.
Why create a Social Media App?
In this digitally evolved era, almost everyone, from celebrities to the common man, is using different social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, to stay connected with their friends, relatives, and followers. In fact, most of the people are now addicted and are literally living in the world of social media.
Initially considered as a ‘passing fad’, social media channels have come a long way and have become an integral part of everyone’s daily lives. Now, with the proliferation of app world, these social networks have become a lot more vibrant and are being widely utilized by many organizations from Fortune 500 companies to small-medium sized businesses.
Social Media Channels are being used today for a variety of purposes, including brand promotion, specific and targeted advertising, social interaction, etc.
Here are a few major reasons why you should create a social media app for your business:
- Ease of Connectivity: With your own social media app, you can stay in touch with your customers 24/7 and keep them informed about your products, services, latest offerings, amazing deals, etc., on the fly. Clubbing the messenger feature with your social media app would help you to instantly solve your customer’s queries, or respond to their inquiries at any time, from any corner of the world.
- Brand Awareness: The right mix of social media app with your marketing strategies will surely help you attract new customers, thereby extending your business reach beyond the geographical barriers. Furthermore, a mobile app can also prove to be handy in maintaining the interest of potential customers, while earning their trust and loyalty.
- Time and Money: Customers are the main reason behind the success of any business. And, when it comes to garnering the customers’ attention, nothing other than a mobile app can help you save time and money. With your social media app, you can not only acquire customers from across the globe but also stay connected to them through push notifications.
- User Engagement: Yes, your social media app can come handy in improving user engagement by allowing the customers to post their questions, orders, comments and complaints. Not just this, with analytics in your mobile app, you can also keep a constant eye on user behavior and improvise your products and services accordingly.
In addition to this, by creating their personal social media app, organizations are aiming to build long term relationships with new and potential customers, allowing them to find a solution for their queries in real time, without any hassle.
Social Media Marketing Statistics for 2020
Every social media platform has a unique audience. Catering your content to satisfy this huge audience can enhance your marketing strategy and help you plan your business interactions with social media. Let us go through some interesting social media marketing statistics for 2020 and understand how they can help your business.
- There are 3.5 billion social media users worldwide which constitute about 45% of the total population
- Internet users spend an average of 3 hours per day per person on social media platforms
- One of the most popular social media platforms – Facebook, has 2.32 billion active monthly users. It includes about 68% of US adult users
- 73% of online marketers believe that social media marketing has been effective for their business
- 49% of consumers are “influenced” with influencer recommendations on social media
- Another major social media platform – Instagram, had 150 million daily active Stories users worldwide, in January 2017, the number has now increased to 500 million
- 91% of social media users access social channels using their mobiles
- 54% of online consumers visit social media channels to research products
- 71% of online buyers after having a positive experience, recommend the brand to their friends and family
Before you make the critical decision about whether you should leverage social media marketing for your business, you must take this data into consideration. To make this mode of marketing work for you, you first need to establish a strong online presence.
Today, most of the social media users access these social media platforms using their mobiles, wouldn’t it be a great idea to create your own social media app and have them install it on their devices?
Before you start creating your own social media app using Appy Pie’s Social Network App Builder, go through the must-have features for your social media app.
What are the features of a Great Social Media App?
By now you are clear about the innumerous benefits of owning a social media app. Now let’s delve in and discuss about different essential features of a social media app:
- Privacy and Security: Providing a high level of privacy and security is quite important to ensure that the app users can securely access your social media app, and all their personal details are devoid of vulnerabilities. By maintaining privacy and security of the app users, you can not only gain their trust, but also establish a long-term relationship with them.
- Integration of Other Social Media Platforms: To make your social media app popular among the masses, it is important to link your app with other popular social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. With this integration, you can not only increase the popularity of your app, but also increase organic traffic in a short time.
- Notification and News Feed: Your social media app should have the ability to notify users about any activity they are involved in, and to compress all of their activities into a single view, generating a consistent flow of user specific content including photos, videos, and articles. In addition, your app should also allow the users to post reviews, like or dislike content, update their status, leave comments, suggestions, and feedbacks, etc.
- Customizable Individual Profiles: Last, but not the least, your social media app must allow the users to customize their profiles. Providing users with some great customization options will not only help them create unique and exciting profiles, but also keep them engaged while maintaining their interest in your products and services.
- Post creation & interaction: The whole point of building a social media app is to encourage users to create content. A social network app can only thrive if the users engage heavily with the platform, whether by creating posts or reacting to the posts created by the people within their network. Hence, this is a must-have feature for your social media app.
- Search: A functioning search bar in your app makes it easy for your app users to navigate within your app and find the people, pages, products, a particular conversation, or any form of content they are looking for.
- Chat: The ability to have a chat with one of the members in the network is important for your app users. Whether your app is for social networking or professional networking, it is important that you provide your app users the option to have one on one conversations.
- Push Notifications: Push notifications do wonders for social networking apps. Your app users want to know what is going on in their favorite app. As an app owner you can launch promotions, send information, and connect better with your app users with just a tap on your screen.
So, try out this next-generation social media app maker Appy Pie, and create your own social network app for free with innovative features and seamless functionality!
Top Frequently Asked Questions
A social app is an application that allows people to build social networks or social connections with their family, relatives or colleagues. With social media app, you can also connect with other people around the globe who share your interests, enjoy similar activities, have similar backgrounds or your real-life connections.
Follow the steps below to create your own social media app without any coding –
- Go to appypie.com and click on ‘Get Started’
- Enter your app name and click on Next
- Pick the category, then select your desired color scheme
- Select the test device
- Customize the appearance of your app to make it look the way you want
- Once done, click on Save & Continue
- Take a deep breath and wait; your app is getting built. Once the app is ready, scan the QR code or send the app installation link to your device via email or SMS, and test the demo app
- Go to My Apps
- Click on the Edit option to edit your app
- You will see the Basic plan. You can either go with Try Now or Buy Now option. The ‘Try now’ option comes with a 7-Day Trial so that you are fully satisfied with the app before you make the purchase.
Please note whichever option you choose, you need to provide credit card details. We use credit card details to check the authenticity of the users.
- Add the Social Network feature
- Once you are done, click on Save and Continue to finish creating your social network app
It is totally free to create a social media app using Appy Pie’s social media app builder. However, if you want to publish your social media app to app stores like Google Play and iTunes, you need to upgrade to one of our paid plans. Starting from just $18 per month, we have different plans, which you can check here.
Here is the list of best apps for social media –
Wechat Social Media App
You can even create your own social media app for Android and iOS using Appy Pie’s social network app maker.
It only takes a few minutes to make a social medial app using Appy Pie’s app creator software, that too without any coding.