- WeChat is unavoidable in China and continues to develop new technology to make it even more unavoidable, but at this time it is really too early to believe that the Mini Programs will be as successful as WeChat itself, therefore, the other option is a WeChat App. If you are interested in WeChat Apps or would like more information about the Mini.
- WeChat, owned by China's Tencent. Wedbush analyst Dan Ives said that it is unlikely the US ban will hit the Apple App Store in China. (Google's Play Store is banned in China.).
Download apps by WeChat, including WeChat.
The United States Commerce Department announced it will ban business transactions with China-owned social apps WeChat and TikTok on Sunday.
According to the announcement, there are two different time frames for WeChat and TikTok, with a full ban on WeChat going into effect Sunday along with a ban on updates and maintenance to the TikTok app. TikTok has time until Nov. 12 to resolve the U.S. national security concerns.
Starting Sunday, U.S. companies will be banned from distributing WeChat and TikTok, meaning the two major mobile app stores run by Apple and Google will have to remove the apps from their libraries.
As of September 20, 2020, the following transactions are prohibited:
- Any provision of service to distribute or maintain the WeChat or TikTok mobile applications, constituent code, or application updates through an online mobile application store in the U.S.;
- Any provision of services through the WeChat mobile application for the purpose of transferring funds or processing payments within the U.S.
Wechat Download Ipad
As of September 20, 2020, for WeChat and as of November 12, 2020, for TikTok, the following transactions are prohibited:
Wechat Play Store
- Any provision of internet hosting services enabling the functioning or optimization of the mobile application in the U.S.;
- Any provision of content delivery network services enabling the functioning or optimization of the mobile application in the U.S.;
- Any provision directly contracted or arranged internet transit or peering services enabling the function or optimization of the mobile application within the U.S.;
- Any utilization of the mobile application’s constituent code, functions, or services in the functioning of software or services developed and/or accessible within the U.S.
Google Play Store Wechat
In a press release on the matter, the US Department of Commerce noted: “The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has demonstrated the means and motives to use these apps to threaten the national security, foreign policy, and the economy of the U.S. Today’s announced prohibitions, when combined, protect users in the U.S. by eliminating access to these applications and significantly reducing their functionality.”
Play Store App Wechat
Speaking on the matter, US Department of Commerce Secretary, Wilbur Ross, was quoted saying, “Today’s actions prove once again that President Trump will do everything in his power to guarantee our national security and protect Americans from the threads of the Chinese Communist Party…At the President’s direction, we have taken significant action to combat China’s malicious collection of American citizens’ personal data, while promoting our national values, democratic rules-based norms, and aggressive enforcement of U.S. laws and regulations.”