Hey! Do you want to register a WeChat account? Or are you facing a problem when you register your WeChat account?
There are many people in this world want to get involved in WeChat environment and some of them find it difficult to get in. They merely want to get an account but they just can’t.
Maybe you’re one of them but don’t be frustrated.
The reason why I write this article about how to sign up for a WeChat account is I want to help you to get your own private account.
Maybe it will be a little difficult but where there is a will, there is a way.
You will get your WeChat account successfully!
If you also want to register a QQ account which is another instant communication app of the same company – Tencent, you can read my full guide about how to register a QQ account successfully.
Also, if you want to join a group and find someone to help you pass the verification. Here is a choice: https://www.facebook.com/groups/wechatandqqgroup/
This Facebook group is created by me and I hope you can find someone who can help you.
Now let’s dive into the topic and sign up for a WeChat account!
Are you stuck at the wechat friend verification?
A lot of readers tell me they just don’t know anyone in China can help them scan the QR code to pass the verification.
I know this verification is kind of silly and makes you unhappy, right?
Unfortunely, Wechat has taken a more strict registration policy recently. Even if you can find a Wechat user(a China mainland user or an international user) to scan your verification code. He or she has to verify your account when you are in the registration process!
So when you are signing up Wechat, you should stay in this page:
When you are at this step, you have to show your friend the QR code immediately. Your friend has to scan your QR code within 10 minutes, in the meantime you should keep this QR page opening. After your friend scan your QR code successfully, you will jump to the next step and sign up successfully.
How do I sign up for WeChat in 2021?
Here is a 2-minute video guide that can show you how to create a WeChat account. If you find the tutorial video is hard to follow, please keep reading this article. I’ll also show you how to get your WeChat account by words and screenshots.
Now you must have an idea about how to register a WeChat account.
If you want to get more details about the registration process, please keep reading.
Here is the word tutorial 🙂
1. Download the WeChat app from Apple AppStore or Google Playstore.
I’m an Android guy so I download WeChat from Google Play Store. If you use an iPhone, just download the app from the App Store.
Search the word “WeChat” and press the download button. Here you go!
It’s quite easy.
Please note that you can only register a WeChat account on your phone. It’s different with QQ. Although you can use WeChat on your PC or Mac, you can not register an account on your computer.
So just download the app and move to the next step.
2. Open WeChat and press the Sign Up button.
3. Press Sign up via mobile.
WeChat offers you two ways to register your account.
My suggestion is you’d better choose the first way – Sign up via Mobile.
The Second Choice – Sign up via Facebook is very tricky, because even if you want to use your Facebook account as your WeChat account, you still need to provide your phone number in the end.
So choose to sign up via mobile will be much simpler.
4. Provide the basic information of your WeChat account.
You need to fill all the blanks in order to keep going.
Please DO note: you’d better use your private phone number to register a WeChat.
WeChat and QQ belong to the same company – Tencent. Tencent is very strict about the registration process. If Tencent finds your phone number may be a little bit risky, they will tell you that your phone number is too risky to register an account.
So your private phone number is the only way to go.
After you fill in all the necessary information, press the green button – Sign up.
After you finish reading, tick the box of “I have read and accept the above terms”.
Press the Next button.
6. Follow the instructions and verify security verification.
Here is the Security Verification section.
In this section, WeChat wants to know you are a real user but not a computer.
It’s quite easy, just follow the instruction and drag the slider to fit the puzzle piece.
Then you will finish the first part of security verification.
7. Contact a WeChat user to scan the QR code.
This is the most difficult part of the registration process. You need to contact a WeChat user to scan the QR code which is shown on your phone screen.
This WeChat user doesn’t need to be your friend but should meet certain conditions:
- Signed up for WeChat over 1 month ago if they are an international user or over 6 months ago if they are a China Mainland user;
- Hasn’t completed “Help Friend Register” for other users in the past month;
- Hasn’t been blocked in the past month;
- Has activated WeChat Pay if they are a China Mainland user.
If you can find someone meets the above-mentioned conditions, he/she can help you finish registering by scanning the QR code.
8. Fill in the Verification Code and get your WeChat account
After a WeChat user scans the QR code to help you finish the Security Verification, here is the final step to register a WeChat account.
You have offered your phone number before, so WeChat will send you a verification code via SMS.
Normally, Your SMS should arrive in less one minute.
If you get your code, put it in the blank and press the Next button.
Then you will enter the app and see its interface.
Everything is all set and this is your own WeChat account!
How to help your friend log in to Wechat in 2021?
It is getting harder and harder to help a friend log in to WeChat. The reason why it’s difficult to get a Wechat account is that Wechat is now big enough. Wechat now has more than 1 billion active users every month and nearly 1.17 billion users in all. The company no longer needs more users to make more profit.
So if you are an international user and want to help your friend log in, you need to meet the tough conditions:
Signed up for WeChat over 1 month ago;
Hasn’t completed “Help Friend Register” for other users in the past month;
Hasn’t been blocked in the past month.
In short, you must already be a WeChat user and you can only help a friend get their Wechat account ONCE a month.
That’s the only way that you can help your friend.
Frequently asked questions you should know
Can WeChat sign up with Facebook?
Of course you can! But I don’t recommend you to do so.
I’ve mentioned it in the above article. There are two ways to register a WeChat account, via phone number or Facebook.
However, WeChat will ask you to provide your phone number even if you select registering via Facebook.
So let’s make it easy and simple, just sign up with your phone number.
Can WeChat sign up without phone number?
There is no way to sign up for WeChat without phone number.
The phone number is an important way for WeChat to identify spam users.
Each phone number can only register ONE WeChat account, so it’s efficient for WeChat to pick up spam users.
If you don’t want to provide a safe and clean phone number, WeChat will just turn you down.
Can WeChat sign up on PC?
You can use WeChat on your PC, but you can not sign up for an account on PC.
WeChat for PC just doesn’t have the registering function.
You can only use WeChat on PC to communicate with the other WeChat users.
This article is about how to sign up for WeChat quickly and successfully.
A WeChat account is a door to communicate with over 900 million people and you can also use this account to play all the Tencent mobile games.
If you have any other WeChat sign up problem, please feel free to leave a comment below. I will check all the comments and give you feedback ASAP.
What is WeChat? WeChat is a multi-purpose messaging and social media app which is prevalent in China and other countries and areas. But from time to time, we can hear such complaints from WeChat users that they can’t login WeChat on their Android, iPhone and Windows phone.
“WeChat won’t let me login!” Certainly it will drive you crazy if you can not login this Chinese chat app at the beginning of the day. If you encounter this issue too, what you should do is to calm down and work out what’s wrong with your WeChat. Here are some of the tips and tricks that can help you to do a quick check-and-repair for WeChat glitches.
1) Clear all the data of WeChat by going to Settings > Apps > WeChat > Clear Data, then uninstall WeChat and reinstall it.
2) Make sure you have downloaded WeChat from the official app store. If not, you have to uninstall the old WeChat app and download it from the official Google Play store or Apple App store.
3) Check if you are using an old version of WeChat. If so, upgrade the app to the latest version. If there is an error in updating the app, you can try clearing all the app data and uninstall the app. Then install the app from the official site again.
If these little tricks couldn’t save your way out of the problem, there may be other reasons of this error. And normally, the WeChat login problem can be summarized into 5 cases:
Case 1. Forget WeChat Login Password
If you have tried several possible passwords and you are sure that you have forgotten the WeChat login password, don’t worry and here are two ways for your reference.
1) If you have linked WeChat account with QQ account, email address and phone number, you can login WeChat via one of these account without entering the password.
2) You can reset your WeChat passcode. On the login page, hit Forgot password? > Request Retrieval, and then confirm it to submit your request. Then you will receive a SMS message with a new passcode. And then you can login WeChat with this new code.
Note: after logging in WeChat with the new passcode, you are required to link your phone number/email address/QQ account to your WeChat once again.
Case 2. Can’t Receive WeChat Verification Code
When you login WeChat with the linked account but never receive the verification code via SMS or email, you can check these:
1) Make sure you enter the right phone number or email address, otherwise you can never receive the verification code.
2) Check if the verification messages is blocked by your phone’s security app. If so, you should find the blocked message in the spam folder or close the security app and request for a new verification message.
3) Maybe you request for the code too frequently and enter the wrong code to verify. In this case, you need to exit the login page and wait for a minute. Then login and verify once again.
4) If your SIM card is placed improperly or is not working, you will not receive the code. Please insert the SIM card to another phone and check if it works.
Case 3. Filed to Login WeChat on A New Device
Wechat Me App
If you are unable to login WeChat on a new iPhone/Android mobile, you can attempt to:
Open WeChat on your new device, and tap “Unable to Login” on the login page. Then go with the instructions to retrieve a new password. Once your request is approved, you will receive a message telling you the new WeChat login passcode within 24 hours. Finally, login WeChat with the new code on your new phone.
Wechat Me Play
Case 4. WeChat Login was Blocked
When you can login WeChat because your account has been blocked, you can try these 3 methods.
1) Uninstall WeChat from your device, and download it again from the official app store.
2) Stop using Android emulator or unofficial plugins to run WeChat, instead, use it in a secure way.
3) Don’t spread prohibitive messages on WeChat, such as lewd contents, violent materials, scam, inappropriate rumors or annoying ads and etc.
Case 5. Can’t Login WeChat by Using QR Code
Some users may want to login and use WeChat without mobile phone. Yes, you can scan the QR code to login the web WeChat on computer, instead of logging in WeChat app with an account and its password. However, some may fail to scan the code for some reasons. To fix this, you can:
1) Update your browser to the latest version. If the version of the browser is too old, the QR code may not appear. So you have to check the version and upgrade it, in order to support the QR code.
2) Make sure your internet connection is in good condition. You have to connect you phone and computer to a good network connection, so as to login WeChat successfully.
3) Adjust the brightness of the computer screen. Neither the computer screen is too bright nor too dark, the phone camera has difficulty in scanning the code on it. So you should go to the computer brightness setting and adjust the screen brightness.
If your WeChat problem still can’t be solved after you have tried the methods mentioned above, you can appeal to the WeChat support. Any question or problem you can share with us in the comment section below.