Chat from your Mac to any device
Mac users can chat, message, and share files with other WeChat users without the need for a mobile device. The desktop version contains a limited number of features of the smartphone app.
Download WeChat desktop and on it on your computer. Tick the box for agreeing to the Terms of Service and then click on “ Install WeChat “. Go through the installation steps until you see the green “ Run ” button.
- Download WeChat. Unique and easy-to-use chat platform for smartphones. Desktop version of the popular social media site. Messenger for Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Wechat For Desktop free download, and many more programs.
Social interaction directly from your Mac
Beyond using just mobile devices, Mac users can keep in touch with friends and family directly from their laptop.
WeChat for Mac lets you send files and images straight from your Mac to other people using the program on any device. Like the mobile app, you can send voice messages and use a group chat. It’s free, and pushes out any ads that other programs are flooded with.
The beauty of this desktop version is that all you need is your computer. Just scan the QR code and be up and running. It’s great for people who want to avoid a download of the program to their phone. A bonus is that it requires very little storage space on the computer.
WeChat has some handy features. Use the screenshot tool to snap an instant image and send it on. It’s easy to get lost in a group chat, so this software gives members a notification when their name gets mentioned.
Quick messaging can lead to making mistakes. The program features a recall option. However, the limitation of this feature is that it is only relevant for the last one sent and within 2 minutes only.
The app is heavily used in China and across parts of Asia. Yet, it hasn’t had the same uptake globally as its competitors, making it a weak choice outside the key countries.
Where can you run this program?
WeChat runs across all platforms and mobile devices. A desktop version is available for Mac and Windows.
Is there a better alternative?
Yes, there is. WeChat is very popular in China. However, Line or WhatsApp are more widely used worldwide.
Wechat Desktop Windows
WeChat for Mac allows desktop users to access limited features of the smartphone app. Only recommended for users in, or with, an extensive network in China
Should you download it?
Yes, but only if you want to use your Mac to contact users of Wechat. Otherwise, there are other options.
Wechat Desktop Download Windows
- Runs across multiple platforms
- Uses little storage space
Wechat Desktop Download Free
- Recall function is strict
- Popular only in China
- Limited features
What is WeChat? WeChat is a multi-purpose messaging and social media app which is prevalent in China and other countries and areas. But from time to time, we can hear such complaints from WeChat users that they can’t login WeChat on their Android, iPhone and Windows phone.
“WeChat won’t let me login!” Certainly it will drive you crazy if you can not login this Chinese chat app at the beginning of the day. If you encounter this issue too, what you should do is to calm down and work out what’s wrong with your WeChat. Here are some of the tips and tricks that can help you to do a quick check-and-repair for WeChat glitches.
1) Clear all the data of WeChat by going to Settings > Apps > WeChat > Clear Data, then uninstall WeChat and reinstall it.
2) Make sure you have downloaded WeChat from the official app store. If not, you have to uninstall the old WeChat app and download it from the official Google Play store or Apple App store.
3) Check if you are using an old version of WeChat. If so, upgrade the app to the latest version. If there is an error in updating the app, you can try clearing all the app data and uninstall the app. Then install the app from the official site again.
If these little tricks couldn’t save your way out of the problem, there may be other reasons of this error. And normally, the WeChat login problem can be summarized into 5 cases:
Case 1. Forget WeChat Login Password
If you have tried several possible passwords and you are sure that you have forgotten the WeChat login password, don’t worry and here are two ways for your reference.
1) If you have linked WeChat account with QQ account, email address and phone number, you can login WeChat via one of these account without entering the password.
2) You can reset your WeChat passcode. On the login page, hit Forgot password? > Request Retrieval, and then confirm it to submit your request. Then you will receive a SMS message with a new passcode. And then you can login WeChat with this new code.
Note: after logging in WeChat with the new passcode, you are required to link your phone number/email address/QQ account to your WeChat once again.
Case 2. Can’t Receive WeChat Verification Code
When you login WeChat with the linked account but never receive the verification code via SMS or email, you can check these:
1) Make sure you enter the right phone number or email address, otherwise you can never receive the verification code.
2) Check if the verification messages is blocked by your phone’s security app. If so, you should find the blocked message in the spam folder or close the security app and request for a new verification message.
3) Maybe you request for the code too frequently and enter the wrong code to verify. In this case, you need to exit the login page and wait for a minute. Then login and verify once again.
4) If your SIM card is placed improperly or is not working, you will not receive the code. Please insert the SIM card to another phone and check if it works.
Case 3. Filed to Login WeChat on A New Device
If you are unable to login WeChat on a new iPhone/Android mobile, you can attempt to:
Open WeChat on your new device, and tap “Unable to Login” on the login page. Then go with the instructions to retrieve a new password. Once your request is approved, you will receive a message telling you the new WeChat login passcode within 24 hours. Finally, login WeChat with the new code on your new phone.
Case 4. WeChat Login was Blocked
When you can login WeChat because your account has been blocked, you can try these 3 methods.
1) Uninstall WeChat from your device, and download it again from the official app store.
2) Stop using Android emulator or unofficial plugins to run WeChat, instead, use it in a secure way.
3) Don’t spread prohibitive messages on WeChat, such as lewd contents, violent materials, scam, inappropriate rumors or annoying ads and etc.
Case 5. Can’t Login WeChat by Using QR Code
Some users may want to login and use WeChat without mobile phone. Yes, you can scan the QR code to login the web WeChat on computer, instead of logging in WeChat app with an account and its password. However, some may fail to scan the code for some reasons. To fix this, you can:
1) Update your browser to the latest version. If the version of the browser is too old, the QR code may not appear. So you have to check the version and upgrade it, in order to support the QR code.
2) Make sure your internet connection is in good condition. You have to connect you phone and computer to a good network connection, so as to login WeChat successfully.
3) Adjust the brightness of the computer screen. Neither the computer screen is too bright nor too dark, the phone camera has difficulty in scanning the code on it. So you should go to the computer brightness setting and adjust the screen brightness.
If your WeChat problem still can’t be solved after you have tried the methods mentioned above, you can appeal to the WeChat support. Any question or problem you can share with us in the comment section below.