- VMware Fusion delivers the best way to run Windows on the Mac, and the ultimate development and testing tool for building apps to run on any platform. Ready for macOS 11.0 Big Sur, Fusion 12 supports macOS 10.15 Catalina and includes new features for developers, IT admins and everyday users.
- VMware Fusion 12 Player Commercial license: $149. $79 for an upgrade; VMware Fusion 12 Pro: $199. $99 for an upgrade; VMware Fusion 12 Pro with Support Basic for 1 year: $241. $141 for an upgrade; The Pro edition has a free 30-day trial. This no-cost VMware Fusion Pro download requires no registration and lets you evaluate the full.
You can install Mac OS X, OS X, or macOS in a virtual machine. Fusion creates the virtual machine, opens the operating system installation assistant, and installs VMware Tools. VMware Tools loads the drivers required to optimize a virtual machine's performance.
Mac OS X, OS X, or macOS virtual machines that you create in Fusion can run on any Apple-branded hardware that uses Intel processors. The Apple licensing agreement defines the situations when it is permissible to virtualize Mac OS X, OS X, or macOS. Fusion does not change these terms or enable macOS on non-Apple hardware. You cannot use a Mac OS X, OS X, or macOS virtual machine in another VMware product, such as Workstation Pro.
Fusion now provides hardware accelerated DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.1 capabilities to Windows and Linux virtual machines, with added support for eGPU devices. Now allowing for up to 8GB of vRAM per-VM, and employing a special ‘sandbox’ process to render graphics, Fusion leads the way in virtual machine graphics performance, accuracy and security. If you own a license for Fusion or Fusion Pro versions 10 or 11 and to require a commercial license to use Fusion Player, you are eligible for this upgrade discount. Fusion Player paid license allows you to use this product for commercial use as per the product licensing guide.Fusion supports the following Mac server and client versions for the guest operating system:
- Mac OS X Server 10.5, 10.6
- Mac OS X 10.7
- OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15
- macOS 11.0
Fusion does not support the following features for Mac virtual machines:
- Multiple displays
- 3D Accelerated graphics
- Unity view
Vmware Fusion Player 11 Windows 10
To install the operating system, use the procedure for creating a virtual machine for any supported operating system. See Create a Virtual Machine for Any Supported Operating System.