VMware Fusion 8.5.4 9 MAR 2017 Build 5115894
Last updated: 9 MAR 2017
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
Welcome to VMware Fusion® documentation. Use the navigation on the left to browse through documentation for your release of VMware Fusion. We update the online documentation with the latest point release information. For example, version 10 contains all the updates for 10.x releases. All our documentation comes in PDF format, which you can access by selecting the PDF download icon while. VMWare Fusion 4 is a great product. Easy to install and setup, and the performance is great. I'm running it on my 2 month old Macbook Pro 15', and barring games, I can run all the Windows-based applications that I used to, including heavy hitters like Visual Studio 2010. Jun 07, 2020 A new video from VMware showing new features in VMware Fusion 4 In this video you'll see the seamless integration between the MAC OS and VMware Fusion 4 and the Windows applications. Even if I have no MAC at home, It's pretty impressive to see the fast switching between the desktops, the Unity mode which I know from VMware Workstation 8, and more.
What's in the Release Notes
About VMware Fusion
VMware Fusion is the easiest, fastest, and most reliable way to run Windows and other x86 based operating systems on a Mac without rebooting.
For more information, see the broader VMware Fusion documentation or specifically the VMware Fusion 8.0 Documentation Center.
This release of VMware Fusion is a free upgrade for all VMware Fusion 8 users. It contains bug fixes, security updates, and performance improvements.
Vmware Fusion 4+
Features and Known Issues from prior releases of VMware Fusion are described in the release notes for each release. To view the release notes for prior releases of VMware Fusion 8, click the following links:
VMware Fusion 8.5.3
VMware Fusion 8.5.2
VMware Fusion 8.5.1
VMware Fusion 8.5
VMware Fusion 8.1.1
VMware Fusion 8.1
VMware Fusion 8.0.2
VMware Fusion 8.0.1
VMware Fusion 8.0
Buy Vmware Fusion
- You cannot drag an attachment from Microsoft Outlook in a Windows virtual machine to the Mac host
In a Windows virtual machine, the operation of dragging an attachment from Microsoft Outlook or a file from the compressed ZIP bundle to the Mac host fails.
- After you log out and back in to a Windows 7 virtual machine that is running in full screen mode on multiple displays, the mouse cursor might not work properly
In a Windows 7 virtual machine running in full screen mode on multiple displays, after you log out and back in, the mouse cursor might not position properly inside the virtual machine. When you click the right mouse button, the popup menu does not appear at the location expected, which is at the cursor. This issue only occurs in Windows 7 virtual machines.. This issue only occurs in Windows 7 virtual machines.
Workaround: Switch the Windows 7 virtual machine to single window mode, then back to full screen mode. The mouse cursor positions correctly.
- The VMware Tools installer fails and displays an error messages in a FreeBSD 11.0 virtual machine
In a FreeBSD 11.0 virtual machine, at the end of the VMware Tools installation process, the installer indicates that guest memory manager and blocking file system services fail to start.
- Install VMware Tools.
- To prevent /usr/local/bin/vmware-config-tools.pl from being invoked, answer No to the following question: Do you want this program to invoke the command for you now?
- Run the following configuration script: /usr/local/bin/vmware-config-tools.pl --skip-stop-start
- Run the following command: echo 'answer VMMEMCTL_CONFED no' >> /etc/vmware-tools/locations
- Start VMware Tools with the following command: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/vmware-tools.sh start
- The git clone command often stalls in a Mac virtual machine that uses NAT networking
When you run the git clone command in a Mac virtual machine that is configured to use NAT, the command often stalls.
Workaround: Switch the virtual machine from NAT networking to bridged networking.
- Using vmrun commands to perform guest operations inside a Mac virtual machine fail
When you use a vmrun command, such as vmrun runProgramInGuest/copyFileFromHostToGuest/listProcessesInGuest, to perform guest operations inside a Mac virtual machine, the command fails with the the following error: Error: Authentication failure or insufficient permissions in guest operating system. All subsequent attempts to run the same command fail with the following error: Error: Invalid user name or password for the guest OS.
This issue is resolved.
- You cannot use shared folders in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 virtual machine
After enabling and adding a shared folder to a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3 virtual machine, none of the added shared folders are available in the /mnt/hgfs directory in the virtual machine.
This issue is resolved.
- After users execute Active FTP in the guest operating system, the vmnat.exe process continues to use a TCP port of the host
The vmnat.exe process consumes a new TCP port on the host when users execute Active FTP on the guest. The process does not release the TCP port even when the FTP session is closed.
This issue is resolved.
- ThinPrint technology does not work in a Windows XP guest operating system with VMware Tools 10.0.10
When users use a Windows XP guest with VMware Tools 10.0.10, they cannot see host printers that are mapped to the guest with ThinPrint technology.
This issue is resolved with VMware Tools 10.0.12 when you perform a clean installation. Upgrading from VMware Tools 10.0.10 to 10.0.12 does not resolve the issue.