- Build, Test and Demo your next big thing with VMware Fusion Pro. Designed for power users, developers and IT admins, Fusion Pro is the simply powerful desktop hypervisor for the modern technology professional looking to use local or remote virtual machines, containers or Kubernetes clusters.
- VMware InstallBuilder Professional Concurrent seat; VMware InstallBuilder Enterprise Concurrent seat; Upgrades and Add-Ons. Upgrades and Add-Ons. Local Desktop Virtualization. Local Desktop Virtualization. Upgrade to Fusion 12 Player; Upgrade to Fusion 12 Pro; Upgrade to Workstation 16 Pro; Upgrade to Workstation 16 Player.
- I’m excited to announce: VMware Fusion 12 Player. And, in alignment with Workstation Player, Fusion will be available with a Free for Personal Use license! Fusion 12 Player replaces Fusion 11.5 ‘standard’, and follows the same pricing and licensing model as Workstation Player, meaning that it is both free for Personal Use, but requires a license for Commercial Use. Fusion Player has the same features as Fusion 11.5.x ‘standard’ and more.
You can install Mac OS X, OS X, or macOS in a virtual machine. Fusion creates the virtual machine, opens the operating system installation assistant, and installs VMware Tools. VMware Tools loads the drivers required to optimize a virtual machine's performance.
Meanwhile, VMWare is offering Fusion 12 which supports Big Sur for free to Home users and students. Any Parallels users try.
Mac OS X, OS X, or macOS virtual machines that you create in Fusion can run on any Apple-branded hardware that uses Intel processors. The Apple licensing agreement defines the situations when it is permissible to virtualize Mac OS X, OS X, or macOS. Fusion does not change these terms or enable macOS on non-Apple hardware. You cannot use a Mac OS X, OS X, or macOS virtual machine in another VMware product, such as Workstation Pro.Fusion supports the following Mac server and client versions for the guest operating system:
- Mac OS X Server 10.5, 10.6
- Mac OS X 10.7
- OS X 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
- macOS 10.12, 10.13, 10.14, 10.15
- macOS 11.0
Fusion does not support the following features for Mac virtual machines:
- Multiple displays
- 3D Accelerated graphics
- Unity view
Vmware Fusion Player For Windows
To install the operating system, use the procedure for creating a virtual machine for any supported operating system. See Create a Virtual Machine for Any Supported Operating System.