What is WeChat? WeChat is a multi-purpose messaging and social media app which is prevalent in China and other countries and areas. But from time to time, we can hear such complaints from WeChat users that they can’t login WeChat on their Android, iPhone and Windows phone.
Chinese mobile users spend 1/3 of their online time on WeChat. It is the place to reach out to Chinese customers, even when their travel abroad. Advertise on WeChat in order to access 900 million users through the most engaging platform in China. Connect to China with weChat using weChat. Go to WeChat Web. You will see a QR Code that you need to scan using your WeChat app on your phone. Open WeChat on your phone and go to the Discover tab. Choose the Scan QR Code option and point your camera towards the QR Code on WeChat Web. WeChat is one of the popular apps in China used for instant messaging. In addition, WeChat Pay is the easiest way for foreigners living in China to send and receive money within Mainland China. Though WeChat has wonderful apps for iOS and Android smartphones, sometime you need to open WeChat on you computers. Use a Software-as-a-Service WeChat store provider. Many brands will choose a SaaS provider which will enable them to launch a WeChat store faster and at a lower cost. WeChat store SaaS providers. The market for WeChat store providers is highly fragmented, with thousands of different players. But a few of them are worth a mention: Youzan.
“WeChat won’t let me login!” Certainly it will drive you crazy if you can not login this Chinese chat app at the beginning of the day. If you encounter this issue too, what you should do is to calm down and work out what’s wrong with your WeChat. Here are some of the tips and tricks that can help you to do a quick check-and-repair for WeChat glitches.
1) Clear all the data of WeChat by going to Settings > Apps > WeChat > Clear Data, then uninstall WeChat and reinstall it.
2) Make sure you have downloaded WeChat from the official app store. If not, you have to uninstall the old WeChat app and download it from the official Google Play store or Apple App store.
3) Check if you are using an old version of WeChat. If so, upgrade the app to the latest version. If there is an error in updating the app, you can try clearing all the app data and uninstall the app. Then install the app from the official site again.
If these little tricks couldn’t save your way out of the problem, there may be other reasons of this error. And normally, the WeChat login problem can be summarized into 5 cases:
Case 1. Forget WeChat Login Password
If you have tried several possible passwords and you are sure that you have forgotten the WeChat login password, don’t worry and here are two ways for your reference.
1) If you have linked WeChat account with QQ account, email address and phone number, you can login WeChat via one of these account without entering the password.
2) You can reset your WeChat passcode. On the login page, hit Forgot password? > Request Retrieval, and then confirm it to submit your request. Then you will receive a SMS message with a new passcode. And then you can login WeChat with this new code.
Note: after logging in WeChat with the new passcode, you are required to link your phone number/email address/QQ account to your WeChat once again.
Case 2. Can’t Receive WeChat Verification Code
When you login WeChat with the linked account but never receive the verification code via SMS or email, you can check these:
1) Make sure you enter the right phone number or email address, otherwise you can never receive the verification code.
2) Check if the verification messages is blocked by your phone’s security app. If so, you should find the blocked message in the spam folder or close the security app and request for a new verification message.
3) Maybe you request for the code too frequently and enter the wrong code to verify. In this case, you need to exit the login page and wait for a minute. Then login and verify once again.
4) If your SIM card is placed improperly or is not working, you will not receive the code. Please insert the SIM card to another phone and check if it works.
Case 3. Filed to Login WeChat on A New Device
If you are unable to login WeChat on a new iPhone/Android mobile, you can attempt to:
Open WeChat on your new device, and tap “Unable to Login” on the login page. Then go with the instructions to retrieve a new password. Once your request is approved, you will receive a message telling you the new WeChat login passcode within 24 hours. Finally, login WeChat with the new code on your new phone.
Case 4. WeChat Login was Blocked
When you can login WeChat because your account has been blocked, you can try these 3 methods.
1) Uninstall WeChat from your device, and download it again from the official app store.
2) Stop using Android emulator or unofficial plugins to run WeChat, instead, use it in a secure way.
3) Don’t spread prohibitive messages on WeChat, such as lewd contents, violent materials, scam, inappropriate rumors or annoying ads and etc.
Case 5. Can’t Login WeChat by Using QR Code
Some users may want to login and use WeChat without mobile phone. Yes, you can scan the QR code to login the web WeChat on computer, instead of logging in WeChat app with an account and its password. However, some may fail to scan the code for some reasons. To fix this, you can:
1) Update your browser to the latest version. If the version of the browser is too old, the QR code may not appear. So you have to check the version and upgrade it, in order to support the QR code.
2) Make sure your internet connection is in good condition. You have to connect you phone and computer to a good network connection, so as to login WeChat successfully.
3) Adjust the brightness of the computer screen. Neither the computer screen is too bright nor too dark, the phone camera has difficulty in scanning the code on it. So you should go to the computer brightness setting and adjust the screen brightness.
If your WeChat problem still can’t be solved after you have tried the methods mentioned above, you can appeal to the WeChat support. Any question or problem you can share with us in the comment section below.
What WeChat will be like is close to being known since the 45 days will come to an end based on Trump’s executive order concerning WeChat ban in the US. No matter whether WeChat will be finally banned or not, the Chinese will surely suffer from the most inconvenience.
However, it isn’t true that there’s nothing to do with the WeChat ban.
How will WeChat be Possibly Banned?
The WeChat ban first started from India that stopped Indian users from using WeChat, together with TikTok as early as July in 2020. The Chinese living or studying in India or the Indians that must communicate with Chinese for business had a difficult time since the Indian WeChat ban.
What on earth does the WeChat ban mean in India? It mainly comes in two types.
As long as you stay within the geological domain of India, WeChat fails to be used.
Your location can be known based on your IP address. As long as you get your IP address changed to another one, you won’t be “labeled” as India anymore and no restrictions will be set on your device.
Using Wechat Pay As A Foreigner
As long as you register WeChat with an India phone number, WeChat fails to be used.
This type of WeChat is more commonly seen than the former one. The phone number for WeChat registration labels the geological location since each phone number carries a country code no matter whether it is a landline number or a mobile number.
How Does Changing My IP Help with Using Banned Apps Such as WeChat and TikTok?
Based on the WeChat ban type, it can be predicted that IP address-based WeChat ban is able to be defeated by changing the IP address.
How to change your IP address, then? Use a VPN.
IP stands for Internet Protocol. An IP address is a unique string of numbers used to identify an individual computer. Your IP address can pose risks to your privacy unless you decide to change it. Many people change their IP addresses to protect their personal privacy.
VPN configuration is able to change your IP address as a VPN server is connected with your device. That induces all to believe your device belongs to the VPN server location. Moreover, a VPN is able to secure your Internet by establishing an end-to-end encryption tunnel so that you’ll be able to bypass throttling to increase data transmission speed.
Therefore, once WeChat gets banned in the US, you should change your IP address to let other individuals or devices believe you’re not in the US and your device isn’t on the list of devices to be limited.
When It Comes to WeChat Accounts with US Number Registered, You Should Prepare Another non-US Number to Continue Your WeChat Application.
If WeChat gets banned in the US, the accounts registered using US phone number will possibly be out of use. Then, to continue using WeChat for daily communication with family and friends, it’s optimal to sign up a new WeChat account using a non-US phone number instead.
Using Wechat In America
However, here comes another issue. A non-US number costs so much and it’s possible that you don’t need to use a non-US number in your daily life. To put it simply, you buy it just to register a WeChat account. Worse still, you also need to prepare another mobile phone to use that SIM card. Quite troublesome!
Get a Non-US Number from Dingtone to Register a WeChat Account that Can be Used in the US Even if It Gets Banned.
You are allowed to get a non-US phone number from Dingtone without the necessity to prepare another phone. The number can be used through the Dingtone app.
How to Get a Non-US Number from Dingtone?
Step#1. Download and Install Dingtone on your device.
Step#2. Open Dingtone and Register an account on it.
Step#3. Tap Connect > My Phone Numbers > Add a New Phone Number to enter a number page.
Step#4. Select a phone number with country code and area code determined. Note: Belgium is an optimal pick when it comes to WeChat signup if you don’t have a specific country target.
Step#5. Pay for the new number and you’ll have it. You can pay for it with Dingtone credits that can be earned by completing series of tasks on Dingtone app.
How to Sign Up a WeChat Account Using a Dingtone Number?
Step#1. Logout your current account of WeChat on your device.
Step#2. Tap the Sign Up button to complete registration with step-by-step blanks filling.
You’re required to enter your phone number and verification code that can be acquired on the Dingtone app through messaging.
The detailed signup guide can be found in this article.
Apart from WeChat Registration, Dingtone Number is Able to Do More.
Unlimited Call and Messaging
Based on VOIP technology, Dingtone can be used to make calls and send messages whenever there’s cellular data or WiFi access. Dingtone numbers are able to reach both landline and mobile at any place around the world. When it comes to messages, Dingtone messages support text, voice, image, location, and even emoji transmission.
Play a Role as a Second Number to Separate Your life and work.
Using Wechat Pay
A Dingtone phone number plays a perfect role as a second number separating your life and work so that your personal life won’t be mixed with your job stuff.
Apart from WeChat, a Dingtone Number can be used to register other social media accounts.
A Dingtone number can be used to register all social media accounts so that specific social media accounts can be registered especially for business.