A static web page (sometimes called a flat page or a stationary page) is a web page that is delivered to the user's web browser exactly as stored, in contrast to dynamic web pages which are generated by a web application.
Static Html Page Template Download
Consequently, a static web page displays the same information for all users, from all contexts, subject to modern capabilities of a web server to negotiatecontent-type or language of the document where such versions are available and the server is configured to do so.
Now your static HTML page is incorporated into your WordPress website and can be accessed using a fancy, user-friendly address. Don't hesitate to visit our collections of WordPress themes, HTML templates, and landing pages, and create your awesome combination. And if you have a nice HTML template - we can convert it to the WordPress website. A web template system in web publishing lets web designers and developers work with web templates to automatically generate custom web pages, such as the results from a search. This reuses static web page elements while defining dynamic elements based on web request parameters. Web templates support static content, providing basic structure.
W3.CSS Website Templates. We have created some responsive W3.CSS website templates for you to use. You are free to modify, save, share, and use them in all your projects. This is an amazing web design tool that will help you generate your own designs for Blogger, WordPress or static HTML websites. If you download it yourself, you can create your own. Also, if you're interested in creating a web page from scratch, check out this HTML tutorial for creating a static web page. When running tests that use actual HTTP requests instead of the built-in testing client (i.e. When using the built-in LiveServerTestCase) the static assets need to be served along the rest of the content so the test environment reproduces the real one as faithfully as possible, but LiveServerTestCase has only very basic static file-serving functionality: It doesn’t know about the.
Static web pages are often HTML documents stored as files in the file system and made available by the web server over HTTP (nevertheless URLs ending with '.html' are not always static). However, loose interpretations of the term could include web pages stored in a database, and could even include pages formatted using a template and served through an application server, as long as the page served is unchanging and presented essentially as stored.
Static web pages are suitable for content that never or rarely needs to be updated, though modern web template systems are changing this. Maintaining large numbers of static pages as files can be impractical without automated tools, such as static site generators. Another way to manage static pages is online compiled source code playgrounds, e.g. GatsbyJS and GitHub may be utilized for migrating a WordPress site into static web pages. Any personalization or interactivity has to run client-side, which is restricting.
Advantages of a static website
- Provide improved security over dynamic websites (dynamic websites are at risk to web shell attacks if a vulnerability is present)
- Improved performance for end users compared to dynamic websites
- Fewer or no dependencies on systems such as databases or other application servers 
- Cost savings from utilizing cloud storage, as opposed to a hosted environment
- Security configurations are easy to setup, which makes it more secure
Disadvantages of a static website
- Dynamic functionality must be performed on the client side
- ^Melendez, Steven (10 August 2018). 'The Difference Between Dynamic & Static Web Pages'. Chron. Archived from the original(html) on 20 March 2019. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
Static by definition means something that does not change. The first pages on the World Wide Web were largely static and unchanged, delivering the same information about a particular topic to anyone who visited. In some cases, sites may evolve slightly over time but are still largely static, meaning that they only change when manually changed by their creators, not on a regular and automated basis.
- ^'Definition of: dynamic Web page'. PC Magazine. Archived from the original(html) on 17 January 2017. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
A Web page that provides custom content for the user based on the results of a search or some other request.
- ^'Site statique ou dynamique' [Static or dynamic site]. morphenZero (in French). Archived from the original(html) on 11 September 2016. Retrieved 27 July 2019.
Ces pages peuvent présenter toute forme de contenu, animations flash, images, musique, vidéo etc... mais elles sont toujours présentées de la même façon.
- ^'What is a Static Web Page? - Definition from Techopedia'. Techopedia.com. Retrieved 2018-11-04.
- ^Rascia, Tania (14 March 2019). 'The End of an Era: Migrating from WordPress to Gatsby'. Archived from the original(html) on 21 March 2019. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
However, I realized that an SSG like Gatsby utilizes the power of code/data splitting, pre-loading, pre-caching, image optimization, and all sorts of performance enhancements that would be difficult or impossible to do with straight HTML.
- ^ abBouças, Eduardo (20 May 2015). 'An Introduction to Static Site Generators'. Archived from the original(html) on 26 June 2019. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
- ^'Why use a static site generator? - Jekyll Tips'. Jekyll Tips. 2017-02-06. Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- ^'Why Static Website Generators Are The Next Big Thing – Smashing Magazine'. Smashing Magazine. 2015-11-02. Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- ^Bouças, Eduardo (20 May 2015). 'An Introduction to Static Site Generators'. Archived from the original(html) on 21 July 2015. Retrieved 20 March 2019.
Less hassle with the server: Installing and maintaining the infrastructure required to run a dynamic site can be quite challenging, especially when multiple servers are involved or when something needs to be migrated. There’s packages, libraries, modules and frameworks with different versions and dependencies, there’s different web servers and database engines in different operating systems.
- ^Vincet, William (9 October 2018). 'Static vs Dynamic Websites: Pros and Cons'.
- ^'Best Security Practices for Static Websites: The Ultimate Guide'. smtechub. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
Static Website Template
- The definitive listing of Static Site Generators, a community-curated list of static site generators.