- Spotify Premium Free Trial Is How Long
- Spotify Premium Free Trial 6 Months
- Get Spotify Premium Free Forever
- Spotify Premium Free Trial Cancel
- It's possible to get a Spotify Premium account right on your iPhone, or through a desktop web browser.
- Spotify Premium carries a monthly subscription fee, and allows you to listen to music ad-free on all platforms and devices.
- The Spotify library has over 50 million songs to stream, and a subscription to Spotify Premium allows you to download any song to your device so you can listen offline.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Gone are the days of carrying around bulky iPods that could only hold a limited amount of music. These days, streaming services like Spotify have made it easier than ever to have access to literally any and every song you can think of, wherever you are.
Offer currently includes access to Hulu (ad-supported) plan and SHOWTIME Streaming Service, subject to eligibility. Available only to students at an accredited higher education institution. 1 month free only open to higher education students who haven't already tried Premium. There is usually a 30-day free trial available for Spotify Premium if you want to test the features the Free version misses. The free trial of Premium is no different than its regular Premium subscription. Both enable offline downloads, unlimited skips, and ad-free playback.
With a library of over 50 million songs, there's something for everyone on Spotify, whether you love showtunes, rap, country, or classical — or any other genre, for that matter.
While Spotify is free to use, those with free accounts have to listen to and view ads within the app, both on desktop and on mobile devices. If you'd like to listen ad-free, you can sign up for Spotify Premium for a small monthly subscription fee.
Spotify Premium costs $9.99 per month normally, but if you're a university student in the US, you can apply for Spotify Premium Student, which only costs $4.99 a month. All you'll need to provide is your name and student email, and occasionally proof that you're a student (a college ID, for example).
Spotify Premium Student also comes with a Hulu and SHOWTIME subscription at no extra cost.
Here's how to sign up for Spotify Premium on your iPhone and computer, so you can listen uninterrupted.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone Xs (From $999.99 at Best Buy)
How to get Spotify Premium on your iPhone
1. On your iPhone's home screen, locate and tap on your preferred web browser app icon to launch it.
2. Navigate to https://www.spotify.com in your phone's web browser, tap the three stacked bars in the top-right of the screen, tap 'Log In,' and enter your Spotify username and password to log into the site.
3. Once logged in, tap the Account Overview menu bar at the top of your screen and, from the drop-down menu which appears, tap on 'Subscription.'© Jennifer Still/Business Insider Tap 'Subscription.' Jennifer Still/Business Insider
4. On the next screen, you'll be offered a free Spotify Premium trial. This will allow you to try the Premium version free for a period of 30 days, after which you will be charged the $9.99 monthly subscription fee, or $4.99 if you apply for a Student account. Tap 'Try Premium Free.'© Jennifer Still/Business Insider Tap 'Try Premium Free' to start a free trial. Jennifer Still/Business Insider
5. On the payment screen, either enter your credit card details or choose PayPal if you wish to pay via that method. Then, click Start 30-Day Trial Now to begin your Spotify Premium subscription.
To begin taking advantage of your Spotify Premium subscription, simply download the Spotify app from the App Store and log in using your regular credentials. Once logged in, you'll be able to listen ad-free. It's that simple!
How to get Spotify Premium on desktop
1. Go to https://www.spotify.com and log in using your user name and password.
2. On the home screen, look for the Upgrade option in the menu bar running along the top of your screen and click it.
3. Spotify offers a free 30-day trial of their Premium service, after which you will be charged $9.99 per month, or $4.99 if you apply for a Student account. To activate Spotify Premium, click the 'Start Free Trial' button.© Jennifer Still/Business Insider You can start a Premium free trial right from Spotify's website. Jennifer Still/Business Insider
4. On the next screen, enter your credit card information. You can also pay via PayPal if you prefer.
5. When you've finished entering your payment information, click 'Start 30-Day Trial Now' at the bottom of your screen, and your Spotify Premium subscription will begin. Again, you will not be charged your first $9.99 monthly fee until after your 30-day trial is complete.
On desktop, you can listen to Spotify through its website, or by downloading the Spotify program here.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Spotify is a Swedish music, podcast, and audiobook streaming platform operating internationally. It offers a rich library of over 60 million songs, categorized by artists, genre, or albums.
The platform is free to use, but it does offer features exclusive to Premium plans.
If you would like to enjoy the full scope of Premium benefits before you commit to a plan, read on to learn how.
What Is Spotify Premium?
Spotify Premium is a subscription plan that unlocks all the features offered by Spotify. The plan gives you access to:
- High-quality streaming of over 50 million ad-free songs
- Unlimited skips
- Music offline
- Podcasts and audiobooks
- Music tracks on mobile
- Music while traveling
Does Spotify Offer Free Trials?
Spotify Terms and Conditions state that the company may offer trials for a limited period, either for free or at a reduced rate. Spotify reserves the right to check your eligibility and modify or withdraw a trial without notifying you.
The service may require your payment details for some trials, in which case it will start billing you for the paid subscription on a recurring monthly basis after your free trial expires.
To qualify for a free trial, you have to meet the requirements set out in the Spotify Premium Promotional Offer Terms.
Are There Any Current Free Trials on Spotify?
Yes, there are. Spotify is offering a 30-day free trial for Premium Individual, Premium Duo, and Premium Family or a 3-month free trial for Premium Student.
If you would like to learn more about the offers, check the table below.
How Do I Sign Up for a Spotify Free Trial?
You should know that you cannot subscribe to Spotify Premium via the iOS app, but you can on the website or the Android app.
To register for the service via the website, you should do the following:
- Open the Spotify Premium Plans page
- Choose the desired plan and click Get Started
- Provide your payment details
- Tap the Start my Spotify Premium button
If you decide to get your Spotify Premium free trial on the Android app, you should:
- Open the Spotify app on your Android device
- Click Your Library, then click the gear-shaped icon to enter the settings menu
- Tap Go Premium, then Get Premium
- Enter your payment details, then click Start my Spotify Premium
Note that Spotify does not allow payments via PayPal.
DoNotPay’s Virtual Credit Card Lets You Register for Free Trials Without Any Risks
DoNotPay has designed a perfect tool to help you avoid being charged for services you decide to test—the Free Trial Card. Whenever you want to sign up for a free trial of a service that does not test the validity of your payment instrument during registration, you can use our virtual credit card.
It produces a random 16-digit credit card number that is not associated with any funding source.
The perks of our card are:
- Your anonymity—it also creates fake personal details, such as your name, home address, and email address
- Approval on trial pages—services grant you access to free trials
- Auto-renewed subscription prevention—services reject it on subscription pages
Since Spotify may sometimes require you to provide your payment instrument while signing up for a free trial, you should check whether it applies to the promotional offer you would like to give a go. In case it does, you won’t be able to use our Free Trial Card.
What Happens After the Spotify Free Trial?
Once your free trial lapses, you will transition into a paid subscription automatically. The prices of Spotify Premium subscription plans are presented in the table below.
Spotify Premium Free Trial Is How Long
Can I Cancel My Spotify Premium?
Yes, you can. You will be able to use the service until the end of the current subscription period, after which you will be downgraded to the Spotify Free service.
In case you are a Spotify Premium member considering quitting your subscription, DoNotPay can cancel it on your behalf without a fuss.
Have You Lost Track of Your Subscription Expenses? Find Your Hidden Money
According to a West Monroe Partners’ study, Americans spend $237.33 per month on subscription services, and 84% of them underestimate how much they spend.
That money can be put to much better use if you learn how to manage your subscription expenditure.
Luckily, you have DoNotPay right by your side to help you sort out your subscriptions and save money with our Find Hidden Money feature.
Here’s how it works:
- You access DoNotPay from any web browser
- Link your bank and email accounts to our app
- We audit your subscriptions and identify the ones you seldom use
Spotify Premium Free Trial 6 Months
Once we have informed you about the results of our inspection, you can decide if you want us to cancel the redundant subscriptions on your behalf.
What Devices Are Supported by Spotify?
Spotify allows you to play their content on a variety of devices, but you can play it on one device at a time. In case you choose to download the content, you can listen to it on up to five devices at a time. Some of the devices you can play Spotify on are:
- Gaming consoles
- Smart Displays
Follow this page for more devices that Spotify supports.
What Are the Most Popular Alternatives to Spotify?
Get Spotify Premium Free Forever
Spotify Premium Free Trial Cancel
If you are not pleased with Spotify, review the table below for other popular streaming services.
DoNotPay Steps In No Matter What
Perhaps you are interested in requesting a refund from Spotify for your premium code, but don’t know how to do it? DoNotPay can guide you through the process and help you get your money back.
Our AI-fueled app enables us to process your requests with speed and precision.
If you need assistance with appealing parking tickets in Buffalo or Las Vegas, DoNotPay will step in. Perhaps you wonder if you can refund plane tickets or what your airline passenger rights are—find out with DoNotPay.
All you need to do is log in to your DoNotPay account in any web browser.
Check out the services we provide in the list below.
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Fighting speeding tickets