Spotify Connect is a way of giving users effortless control of music across their phones, tabs, and now speakers and TVs with million of tracks built in. It was officially launched in 2013 and introduced into the market in 2014. With Spotify Connect, you can listen on speakers, TVs, and other devices using the Spotify app as a remote. Check out Spotify Everywhere for compatible devices. If you don’t see yours there, you can check with the manufacturer.
Artists and fans have told us that sound quality is important to them. We agree, and that’s why today at Stream On we announced Spotify HiFi.
Beginning later this year, Premium subscribers in select markets will be able to upgrade their sound quality to Spotify HiFi and listen to their favorite songs the way artists intended.
Read on for five things you need to know about our new high-quality music experience:
Spotify Connect Devices
- High-quality music streaming is consistently one of the most requested new features by our users.
- Spotify HiFi will deliver music in CD-quality, lossless audio format to your device and Spotify Connect-enabled speakers, which means fans will be able to experience more depth and clarity while enjoying their favorite tracks.
- Ubiquity is at the core of everything we do at Spotify, and we’re working with some of the world’s biggest speaker manufacturers to make Spotify HiFi accessible to as many fans as possible through Spotify Connect.
- HiFi will be coupled with Spotify’s seamless user experience, building on our commitment to make sure users can listen to the music they love in the way they want to enjoy it.
- Spotify HiFi will begin rolling out in select markets later this year, and we will have more details to share soon.
Spotify Connect Receiver
Want to learn more? Listen as American singer-songwriter Billie Eilish and record producer FINNEAS speak about the importance of high-quality audio options for creators and fans.