Second Life Share is also available for Facebook and Twitter.
Engine Room Flickr Group – September 25th Continuing with our featured posts showcasing the artwork done by the lovely visitors of Engine Room, I have another group to show you today. The Team here at Second Life Syndicate look forward to the. Second Life Flickr Bloggers has 819 members. Have you a blog? Are you a flicker? Share with us your passion:) NO VENDOR, NO ADVERTISING!!
The first time you use SL Share for Flickr, we guide you through the process of opting in. Unless you disconnect your Second Life account from Flickr, you will not need to opt in again:
- Choose Communicate > Flickr... from the top menu bar to open the Upload to Flickr window.
- Click the Account tab of the Upload to Flickr window.
- Click the Connect button; this opens a browser window inside Second Life.
- Provide your Yahoo credentials as requested, then click Sign In to sign into your Flickr account.
- Review the permissions you will be granting Second Life in order to upload photos, then click OK, I'LL AUTHORIZE IT to complete the opt-in process.
- None Use It Now. This item will be delivered directly to you or a friend in Second Life, unpacked and ready to use. No land or sandbox required. This item contains wearable items for your avatar.
- This group is about all the wonderful pre-mesh halycon days of yore.(how we remember them well.^^.) Herein you will find images of finery, machines, places, and all of the wonderful things that drew us into Second Life in the first place. Mesh is welcome, of course, especially if you can find ways to creatively model 'classic' clothing whilst wearing mesh body stuffs.
- An online brand based on the world of Second Life. Please feel free to add images of yourself or your friends wearing LeLutka items. All images submitted will be subject to approval by one of our admins. We just need to be sure you are indeed wearing items created by the LeLutka team.
You can add a Flickr button to your toolbar in the Second Life Viewer, giving you easy access to the Upload to Flickr window:
- Select Communicate > Flickr... from the top menu bar in the Second Life Viewer.
- From the Toolbar buttons window, click and drag the Flickr button to the bottom or side edge of the Second Life Viewer window. Edges where you can drop the button are highlighted in blue when you pick up the button.
- You can now click the Flickr button to open the Upload to Flickr window. This button does the same thing as choosing Communicate > Flickr... from the top menu bar.
To remove the Flickr button from your toolbar:
- Select Me > Toolbar buttons from the top menu bar in the Second Life Viewer.
- Click and drag the Flickr button from your toolbar onto the Toolbar buttons window to remove it from your toolbar.
Second Life Flickr Groups
- Select Communicate > Flickr... from the menu bar at the top of the Second Life Viewer window.
- Choose a resolution for the photo from the dropdown menu above the image preview.
- Choose a filter from the dropdown menu above the image preview. No Filter is selected by default.
- Write a title for your photo in the Title field.
- Write a short description of your photo in the Description field.
- You may automatically include your second life location in the description by checking the Include SL location at end of description box.
- Include any number of tags in the Tags field, separated by spaces. The tag 'secondlife' is included by default.
- Choose a Flickr safety level from the Choose Flickr rating (required) dropdown menu. The safety level is a maturity filter similar to Second Life's maturity rating system, and the exact meaning of Flickr's ratings can be found on Flickr's website.
- Click Upload to upload your image to Flickr.
Addams Second Life Flickr
When uploading a photo, you may choose from several predefined filters to add fun and interesting effects to your photos in Second Life:
- No Filter
- 1970's Colors -Color correction to give a 'vintage 1970' look
- Autocontrast -Automatic gray rebalancing from dark to bright based on the image luminosity histogram
- Black & White - Changes the photo to black and white
- Heat Wave - Adds an aged film effect and vignetting
- Intense - Intensifies all color saturation for a more cartoonish look
- Jules Verne - Changes the photo to black and white and adds video scan lines and distortion
- Lens Flare -Add colorize effects to simulate a film camera light leak and lens flare
- Miniature - Sharpen and blur regions selectively to give a 'tilt shift' effect
- Newsprint -Use a black and white screening to simulate newspaper screening
- Overcast - Reduces intensity of colors
- Sepia -Color conversion to sepia tones and vignette for a retro look
- Spotlight -Burn the edges and dodge the center to focus the attention in the center of the image
- Toy Camera -Simulate the look and feel of a film toy camera through vignetting and edge blurring
- Video - Adds video scan lines for the look and feel of an old CRT screen
If you have opted into Second Life Share for Flickr, you can opt out and disconnect the feature using the following procedure:
- Select Communicate > Flickr... from the menu bar at the top of the Second Life Viewer.
- Select the Account tab on the Upload to Flickr window.
- Click the Disconnect button. This disables the connection and deletes any related cookies.
- To re-enable SL Share for Flickr, you will need to provide your Yahoo credentials again.