To play a video or audio file you’ve stored in Dropbox:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click All files in the left sidebar.
- Click the name of an audio or video file and its preview page will open.
- Click on the preview to play it.
If you’re on the Dropbox mobile app, single-tap the file and its preview page will open. For video or audio files you own, you can stream the first 4 hours of each file on dropbox.com or the Dropbox mobile app.
Get help from Dropbox Help Center or submit a technical help request. Find contact info for Sales, Partnerships, Press inquiries, and other requests. Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. Get a constantly updating feed of breaking news, fun stories, pics, memes, and videos just for you. Passionate about something niche? Reddit has thousands of vibrant communities with people that share your interests. Alternatively, find out what’s trending across all of Reddit on r/popular.
You can also open the audio or video file in an online application or an application on your computer right from dropbox.com. Or, download it to your computer by clicking the “…” (ellipsis) next to the file on dropbox.com and clicking Download.
Why can’t I play a video or audio file in Dropbox?
If a video or audio file was shared with you, you may not be able to stream (or play) the entire video or audio file on dropbox.com. It depends on what type of account the owner of the file has.
Dropbox Leak Links
91 votes, 47 comments. For Anyone looking for the Nvidia Drivers that got taken down. Edit: This is the windows version. Click or tap the Dropbox icon in your task bar to install Dropbox on your eligible HP computer. Sign up for a Dropbox account by filling out the details on this page. If you already have a Dropbox account, click sign in. Follow the steps to redeem the space on your account. Learn what happens after your storage space promotion expires.
- If the owner of the file is a Dropbox Basic user, you can stream the first 15 minutes on dropbox.com or the Dropbox mobile app
- If the owner of the file is a Dropbox Plus, Family, or Professional user, you can stream the first 60 minutes on dropbox.com or the Dropbox mobile app
- If the owner of a file is a Dropbox Business user, you can stream the first 4 hours on dropbox.com or the Dropbox mobile app
To play a shared video or audio file in its entirety, save it to your own Dropbox account by clicking Save to Dropbox at the top of the file preview. Or, download it to your computer by clicking Download.
If a video or audio file won’t play on dropbox.com or the Dropbox mobile app, it may be in a file format that Dropbox doesn't support. See our list of supported file types that can preview in Dropbox.
Video or audio file won’t play on a mobile device?
If you’ve recently purchased a HP consumer computer or Android tablet, you may be eligible for an additional 100 GB of Dropbox storage space. To redeem this promotion:
- Click or tap the Dropbox icon in your task bar to install Dropbox on your eligible HP computer.
- Sign up for a Dropbox account by filling out the details on this page. If you already have a Dropbox account, click sign in.
- Follow the steps to redeem the space on your account.
Learn what happens after your storage space promotion expires.
Frequently asked questions
How long is the promotion valid for, and can I get the promotion on my existing Dropbox account?
The answer to these questions is dependent on when you purchased your HP device. See the table below for more information.
Existing or new user?
|Purchased before October 23, 2015||25 GB||6 months||New or existing Dropbox users|
|Purchased after October 23, 2015||25 GB||12 months||New or existing Dropbox users|
|Purchased on or after September 1, 2020||100 GB||12 months||New or existing Dropbox users|
If I purchased multiple promotion-eligible devices, can I redeem the same offer multiple times?
No. Each Dropbox account can only redeem the same type of deal once.
Can I transfer my promotional space to another Dropbox account?
Reddit Dropbox Link
No, the promotional space is not transferable once it has been redeemed.
Can I get the promotion on a refurbished or used device?
No. The promotional space is only available to the original buyer of the eligible device.
Why am I not eligible to redeem the promotional space?
There may be a variety of reasons you're not eligible to redeem the promotional space:
- You're only eligible to redeem the same type of promotional deal once. For example, you can't redeem the HP promotion more than once, even if you buy multiple eligible HP devices.
- The Dropbox app was not pre-loaded on your device.
- You bought your device pre-owned or refurbished, and the previous owner redeemed the promotion associated with the device. Each device can only earn promotional space once.
- Your device may not be eligible for the promotion due to some country and retailer exclusions.
- Some HP promotions may only apply to new Dropbox users.
Terms for the Dropbox promotion for HP devices