Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ProgramErrorUpdating (0 0 Host Not Found) issues are often the result of the file that is missing, deleted, or accidentally moved from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's original installed location. Obtaining a new, uninfected copy of your Malwarebytes Corporation file will usually resolve the problem.
Last updated on November 26th, 2019
On a Windows 10 based computer, the latest version of Malwarebytes security program cannot be installed with error 'An error occurred'. After some research, I realized that the Malwarebytes installation problem 'An error occurred' appears if a previous version of the program has been installed and has not been properly removed.
This tutorial contains instructions to resolve the 'An error occurred' error message while trying to install Malwarebytes.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ProgramErrorUpdating (0 0 Host Not Found) issues are often the result of the file that is missing, deleted, or accidentally moved from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware's original installed location. Obtaining a new, uninfected copy of your Malwarebytes Corporation file will usually resolve the problem.
- The Malwarebytes Support Tool command line version is used to cleanup and remove Malwarebytes products. The Support Tool removes Malwarebytes Endpoint Security and Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection, including their files, settings, and license information. To remove Malwarebytes software from a Windows endpoint, download the Support Tool, then.
How to FIX: An error occurred in Malwarebytes Install.
Step 1. Delete the Malwarebytes folder.
1. Open File Explorer and navigate to 'C:Program Files' folder.
2.Delete the Malwarebytes folder.
3. Try to install Malwarebytes. Normally, the installation will finish without problems, but if you receive again the error 'An error occurred', continue to step-2.
Step 2. Remove previous versions of Malwarebytes with the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool.
2. Accept the License Agreement and click Next.
3. Select Advanced on the left and then choose Clean.
4. Click Yes to remove all Malwarebytes products and then click OK to reboot your computer.
5. After reboot, install Malwarebytes.
That's it! Let me know if this guide has helped you by leaving your comment about your experience. Please like and share this guide to help others.
Malwarebytes An Error Occurred Installing
We're looking for part-time or full-time technical writers to join our team! It's about a remote position that qualified tech writers from anywhere in the world can apply. Click here for more details.
Full household PC Protection - Protect up to 3 PCs with NEW Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium!
Malwarebytes Program Error Updating 11001
As soon as I downloaded the new version of MalwareBytes, it would no longer update. I continually get the message PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING ( 12029, 0, WinHttpSendRequest ) . I have installed and uninstalled repeatedly, hoping that they will publish a version without the problem, and I just updated to the latest Firefox version. I did check the LAN settings, as I found this had been a problem for some with IE, but they were as suggested and checking them made no change.
I heard a rumor that this can happen if there is a resident virus on the router for the network. Could this be the problem?