How to install Malwarebytes 1 Check your Downloads folder, or search your computer for the Malwarebytes setup file, mbsetup.exe. 2 Open the setup file by double clicking on it. Next, Windows will ask if it's okay to make changes to your device. The free version of Malwarebytes for Windows is great for getting rid of existing infections, but some infections, like ransomware, only need a moment to wreak havoc on your PC. To stop infections before they happen, stay one step ahead with the Real-Time Protection of Malwarebytes Premium. Don't take our word for it.
|Initial release||January 2006; 15 years ago (as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware)|
|Operating system||Windows XP and later,|
OS X 10.11 and later, Android Marshmallow and up, iOS 11 and later, Chrome OS
|Size||Windows: 68.61 MB|
Android: 31.13 MB
|Available in||30 languages|
Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugual), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Vietnamese
Malwarebytes (formerly Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, abbreviated as MBAM) is an anti-malware software for Microsoft Windows,macOS, Chrome OS, Android, and iOS that finds and removes malware. Made by Malwarebytes Corporation, it was first released in January 2006. It is available in a free version, which scans for and removes malware when started manually, and a paid version, which additionally provides scheduled scans, real-time protection and a flash-memory scanner.
Malwarebytes is primarily a scanner that scans and removes malicious software, including rogue security software, adware, and spyware. Malwarebytes scans in batch mode, rather than scanning all files opened, reducing interference if another on-demand anti-malware software is also running on the computer.
Malwarebytes is available in both a free and a premium paid version. The free version can be run manually by the user when desired, whereas the paid version can perform scheduled scans, automatically scan files when opened, block IP addresses of malicious web sites, and scan only those services, programs and device drivers that are currently in use.
On December 8, 2016, Malwarebytes Inc. released version 3.0 to the general public. This includes protection against malware, ransomware, exploit, and malicious websites.
- PC World's Preston Gralla wrote that 'Using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is simplicity itself'.
- CNET in 2008 cited Malwarebytes as being useful against the MS Antivirus malware and also awarded it an April 2009 Editor's Choice, along with 25 other computer applications.
- Mark Gibbs of Network World gave Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 4 stars out of 5 in January 2009 and wrote that 'It does the job and only the lack of a detailed explanation of what it has found stops it from getting 5 out of 5'.
- PC Magazine gave Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 3.5 stars out of 5 in May 2010, saying that although it was good at removing malware and scareware, it fell short on removing keyloggers and rootkits. However, the free version got 4.5 stars out of 5 and an Editor's Choice award for free removal-only antivirus software in 2013-4[clarify].
Dispute with IObit
On November 2, 2009, Malwarebytes accused IObit, a Chinese company that offers similar products, of incorporating the database of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (and several products from other vendors, which were not named) into its security software IObit Security 360. IObit denied the accusation and stated that the database is based on user submissions, and sometimes the same signature names that are in Malwarebytes get placed into the results. They said that they did not have time to filter out the signature names that are similar to Malwarebytes. IObit also stated that Malwarebytes did not have convincing proof, and declared that the databases were not stolen. After the declaration from IObit, Malwarebytes replied that they are not convinced of the argument from IObit. Malwarebytes claims to have served DMCA infringement notices against CNET, Download.com and Majorgeeks in order to have the download sites remove the IObit software. IObit said that as of version 1.3, their database has been updated to address those accusations of intellectual property theft made earlier by Malwarebytes.
Dealing with Vonteera
Vonteera is adware that uses stolen certificates and disables anti-malware and virus protection, such as from Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes has listed a solution for eliminating this threat.
On February 2, 2016, Project Zero announced four vulnerabilities in the Malwarebytes flagship product, including lack of server-side encryption for update files and lack of proper payload signing within encrypted data; the combination of which allowed an attacker to recompile the encrypted payload with exploits. Malwarebytes responded one day before disclosure in a blog article detailing the extreme difficulty in executing these attacks, as well as revealing that the announced server-side and encryption issues were resolved within days of private disclosure and were not outstanding at the time Project Zero published their research. Malwarebytes also published information on how to protect current users until a patch was released. This event also resulted in the establishment of a formal bug bounty program by Malwarebytes, which offers up to $1000 per disclosure as of 2018, depending on severity and exploitability.
- ^'Release History & News – Malwarebytes Support'. support.malwarebytes.com.
- ^'Release History & News – Malwarebytes Support'. support.malwarebytes.com.
- ^'Malwarebytes for Android & Chromebook – Malwarebytes Support'. support.malwarebytes.com.
- ^'10 Best Malware Removal Tools for Windows 10 - Windows Able'. windowsable.com. Retrieved August 24, 2016.
- ^ abcMalwarebytes Anti-Malware review at PCworld.com, retrieved July 22, 2014
- ^'Malwarebytes Corporation'. MalwareBytes. Retrieved August 18, 2009.
- ^Neil J. Rubenking (July 6, 2010). 'Free Antivirus and Antispyware'. PC Magazine. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- ^'Announcing Malwarebytes 3.0'. Malwarebytes Corporation. Retrieved December 8, 2016.
- ^Rosenblatt, Seth (September 24, 2008). 'Take a 'byte' out of malware'. The Download Blog. CNET. Retrieved November 27, 2008.
- ^Seth Rosenblatt (February 10, 2009). 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware'. Download.cnet.com. Retrieved December 5, 2009.
- ^'CNET Editors' Choice Awards 2009 Winners'. Reviews.cnet.com. June 2, 2009. Retrieved December 5, 2009.
- ^Gibbs, Mark (January 7, 2009). 'Malwarebytes finds pesky Trojan'. Gearhead. Network World. p. 2. Retrieved January 8, 2009.
- ^Rubenking, Neil J. (May 7, 2010). 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.46'. PC Magazine. Retrieved June 3, 2010.
- ^Rubenking, Neil J. 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70'. PC Magazine. Retrieved March 2, 2014.
- ^Casey, Henry T. (November 25, 2015). 'Latest adware disables antivirus software'. Tom's Guide. Yahoo.com. Retrieved November 25, 2015.
- ^'Vonteera Adware Uses Certificates to Disable Anti-Malware - Malwarebytes Labs - Malwarebytes Labs'. blog.Malwarebytes.org. Retrieved December 31, 2017.
- ^Leyden, John. 'Google ninjas go public with security holes in Malwarebytes antivirus'. The Register. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- ^Kleczynski, Marcin (February 1, 2016). 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware vulnerability disclosure'. Malwarebytes Labs.
- ^'Malwarebytes Bug Bounty'. Retrieved July 6, 2018.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a free antivirus, anti-spyware software, with many powerful features, comparing with other security, anti-malware software it is lightweight, user friendly, powerful in finding trojans, viruses, spyware and it uses low memory for scanning and for protecting you files against malicious software.
This software has two scanning modes, a quick scan which scans only the system files and a full scan mode which scans all your files. The virus database update is easy, fast and no need for rebooting.
The number of malware this software can detect is remarkable, it detects many malware that other known antivirus software cant see.
Install Malwarebytes Premium With Key
For registered users Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware offers active protection for current and for future versions of this software. Infected files can be cleaned, deleted or quarantined, the user has full power over suspicious files.
This software detects only infected files, malicious cookies, it wont give false-positive detections like some antimalware software.
After each scan the user can save the statistics about the scanned files, infected objects in log files and can chronologically organize them.
File or folder names that you don't want to scan can be stored in ignore list, so in case of full scan the time of scan will be faster.
Some tools have been added, like File Assasin which can delete any locked files on you hard disk, and in case the software detects false-positive infections or you find a bug you can report it.
In conclusion this software is very useful for everyone who wants a powerful malware-scanner. For a safe protection it s better to use with an active firewall.
Features and highlights
- Advanced malware detection and removal
- Industry proven clean-up technologies eradicate existing malware infections
- Rapid response malware database and heuristics updates
- Access to expert community and knowledgeable support team (Email/Forums)
- Chameleon technology gets Malwarebytes tunning on infected systems
Malwarebytes Anti-malware Program
Malwarebytes 126.96.36.199 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from antivirus without restrictions. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 188.8.131.52 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows. It's free to use, but some features within the application are limited as the program is classed as 'Freemium'.
Malwarebytes Anti Malware Download For FreeFiled under:
Malwarebytes Program_error_updating Host Not Found
- Malwarebytes Download
- Freeware Antivirus
- Major release: Malwarebytes 4.3
- Malware Removal Software