Earlier today PCalc developer James Thomson was advised by Apple that he'd have to update his app to remove its Today view widget functionality. This comes over a month after PCalc, with exactly that functionality, was approved by the App Store review team and featured by the App Store editorial team. PCalc is pretty much the best all-round calculator app for iPad. For one, it’s a free app that looks a lot like the stock calculator app on iPhones, which is great. Plus, it offers a truckload of features that make it pretty amazing for everyone from the regular joe to a STEM student.
PCalc is ideal for scientists, engineers, students, programmers, or indeed anybody looking for a feature-rich calculator for the iPad, iPhone, or Apple Watch.
It includes an extensive set of unit conversions, a paper tape, an optional RPN mode, engineering and scientific notation, as well as support for hexadecimal, octal and binary calculations.
It's PCalc at your fingertips!
Based on the popular calculator for the Macintosh, PCalc has been redesigned from the ground up to give the best handheld experience.
Pcalc Mac App Store
Calc App Iphone
- Switchable button layouts - choose from many different horizontal and vertical layouts to suit your needs. Plus a full editor, so you can create your own and share them with others.
- Apple Watch support - a full calculator on your wrist, with support for RPN. Also includes a tip calculator.
- Support for splitscreen multitasking, both in slide-over mode and full split view.
- Full support for scripting with Siri Shortcuts, including performing any PCalc action in the background.
- A Notification Center widget for quick access - tap the display to switch to the main app, mid-calculation.
- Calculator themes - pick your look, all the way from minimalist to striking.
- An optional RPN mode with one button access to the stack and optional multiple-line display.
- Editable unit conversions, functions, and constants which are synced automatically across multiple devices.
- Hexadecimal, octal and binary modes, complete with a variety of bitwise operators.
- A simulated paper tape to keep track of your calculations with a 'ticker tape' mode under the display.
- Multiple undo and redo. Just flick the LCD to the right and left to reveal the past and future.
- Stylish, consistent user interface.
- Universal build supports both iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch in one.
- Handoff of in-progress calculations between PCalc on iOS, watchOS, and macOS.
- 3D Touch support, including fully customizable icon menu shortcuts.
- Full support for iOS 14.
- Even a (pretty silly) 3D experience in the about screen!
About Us / Downloads / Blog
Based on our popular calculator for the Macintosh, PCalc has been redesigned from the ground up to give the best handheld experience.
It's PCalc in your pocket!
Pcalc Lite Calculator App
A fully featured scientific calculator with support for hexadecimal, octal and binary calculations, as well as an RPN mode, parentheses, programmable functions, and an extensive set of unit conversions.
A physics-based simulation of polyhedral dice for use in tabletop role-playing games with dungeons and/or dragons.
The ideal app for every member of your party!