The Modern Language Association (MLA) does not require you to create a cover page when you complete your research paper, but some instructors may require it.
- May 22, 2019 - Cover Page Templates Editable Cover Pages for Business Documents, Academic Assignments, and Books In the professional and academic fields, download your cover page template, edit with Microsoft Word, print, and impress with multiple cover pages.
- Start page numbering on Page 3 - double-sided printing If the first page of your document is a cover page, the second page is a table of contents, and you want the third page to show “Page 1”, see Start page numbering on Page 3 - double-sided printing. For more info on page numbers, see Page numbering in.
If your instructor requires your paper to have a cover page, here is how to make it (very easy). This cover page should include: your school name, your research paper title, your name, your class, your professor name and your paper due date.
How to Format Your MLA Cover Page:
- This page is double spaced and the letters are centered.
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12
- The first letter of each word should be capitalized with the exception of very short words such as: the, and, of, or, a, an, in, to, for. Note: the first letter of the first word should be capitalized, regardless of what kind of word it is.
- Type the name of your university or college.
- Skip to about one-third of the page and type your research paper title, include a subtitle if you have.
- Skip several lines down and type your name, your course name and number, your instructor name and your paper’s due date.
Cover Page For Word Free
Sample MLA Format Cover Page:
Sample MLA Format Cover Page
Cover Page For Ms Word
Alternate First Page:
If your instructor requires a cover page, you would omit the main heading on your first page. Here is an example of the first page if a cover page is used. You still need your last name and page number on the first page and every other page.
Here's a way to add a different/separate cover page in MS Word. You can remove page numbering from the cover page by using this method. Helps to format page. Download cover page template ready to use in Microsoft word, use it for an essay template or maybe a report cover page. Some call it a title page template.
Sample MLA Paper:
Cover Page Example
Visit here for a sample paper with the cover page. The cover page can vary slightly. This paper also has the outline page for your sample.