NCT6796D Publication Release Date: July 6, 2017 -II- version: 0.6. Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) – Interfacing DS1307 I2C RTC. Developed by Philips nearly three decades ago, I2C communication (Inter-Integrated Circuit) is widely used in a number of devices and is comparatively easier than SPI.For I2C communication only two wires – serial data (SDA) and serial clock (SCK) are needed and these two wires form a bus in which we can connect up to 127 devices. Now, I don't know anything about this Nuvoton thing, but by googling it seems to be a temperature sensor? I don't like the way it's displaying 70-90 degrees while idling, and max at some point above 100?! Is it misreading or is something very wrong? Open Hardware Monitor 0.6.0 Beta should support this NCT6779D I think?
* Wed Dec 19 2018 jdelvareAATTsuse.com- lm_sensors-3.5.0-libsensors-fix-soname.patch: Undo the SENSORS_API_VERSION change, to stay source-compatible with upstream.
* Sun Dec 16 2018 jdelvareAATTsuse.com- lm_sensors-3.5.0-libsensors-fix-soname.patch: Undo excessive libsensors version bump.
* Sat Nov 24 2018 malcolmlewisAATTopensuse.org- Update to version 3.5.0: + soname was bumped due to commit dcf2367 which introduced an ABI change. + Fixed disappearance of certain hwmon chips with 4.19+ kernels, (gh#lm-sensors/lm-sensors#139, boo#1116021). + Add the find-driver script for debugging. + Various documentation and man page improvements. + Fix various issues found by Coverity Scan. + Fix compilation with the musl C library. + Updated links in documentation to reflect the new home of lm_sensors. + sensors.1: Add reference to sensors-detect and document -j option (json output). + sensors: Add support for json output, add support for power min, lcrit, min_alarm, lcrit_alarm. + sensors-detect:
* Fix systemd paths.
* Add detection of Fintek F81768.
* Only probe I/O ports on x86.
* Add detection of Nuvoton NCT6793D.
* Add detection of Microchip MCP9808.
* Mark F71868A as supported by the f71882fg driver.
* Mark F81768D as supported by the f71882fg driver.
* Mark F81866D as supported by the f71882fg driver.
* Add detection of various ITE chips.
* Add detection of Nuvoton NCT6795D.
* Add detection of DDR4 SPD.
* Add detection of ITE IT8987D.
* Add detection of AMD Family 17h temperature sensors.
* Add detection of AMD KERNCZ SMBus controller.
* Add detection of various Intel SMBus controllers.
* Add detection of Giantec GT30TS00.
* Add detection of ONS CAT34TS02C and CAT34TS04.
* Add detection of AMD Family 15h Model 60+ temperature sensors.
* Add detection of Nuvoton NCT6796D.
* Add detection of AMD Family 15h Model 70+ temperature sensors. + configs: Add sample configuration files. + sensors.conf.default:
* Add hardwired inputs of NCT6795D
* Add hardwired inputs of F71868A
* Add hardwired NCT6796D inputs + vt1211_pwm: replaced deprecated sub shell syntax, run with bash instead of sh. + pwmconfig: replaced deprecated sub shell syntax. + fancontrol: replaced deprecated sub shell syntax, save original pwm values. + fancontrol.8: replaced deprecated sub shell syntax. + libsensors:
* Add support for SENSORS_BUS_TYPE_SCSI, add support for power min, lcrit, min_alarm, lcrit_alarm.
* Handle hwmon device with thermal device parent (bsc#1108468).- Rebase lm_sensors-3.0.3-hint-at-kernel-extra-package.patch for new release.- Spec file tidy up for man page extension.
* Mon May 14 2018 hillwoodAATTopensuse.org- Update version to 3.4.0git20180510.1c48b19, use git version
* Support many new hardware: + Add detection of Fintek F81768 + Only probe I/O ports on x86 + Add detection of Nuvoton NCT6793D + Add detection of Microchip MCP9808 + Mark F71868A as supported by the f71882fg driver + Mark F81768D as supported by the f71882fg driver + Mark F81866D as supported by the f71882fg driver + Add detection of various ITE chips + Add detection of Nuvoton NCT6795D + Add detection of DDR4 SPD + Add detection of ITE IT8987D + Add detection of AMD Family 17h temperature sensors + Add detection of AMD KERNCZ SMBus controller + Add detection of various Intel SMBus controllers + Add detection of Giantec GT30TS00 + Add detection of ONS CAT34TS02C and CAT34TS04 + Add detection of AMD Family 15h Model 60+ temperature sensors + Add detection of Nuvoton NCT6796D + Add detection of AMD Family 15h Model 70+ temperature sensors
* Fix syntax errors
* Fix systemd paths- Drop lm_sensors-3.4.0-sensors-detect-fix-systemd-path.patch Upstream merge this patch- Drop lm_sensors-3.4.0+-Only-probe-I-O-ports-on-x86.patch Upstream merge this patch- Change upstream url.
* Thu Nov 23 2017 rbrownAATTsuse.com- Replace references to /var/adm/fillup-templates with new %_fillupdir macro (boo#1069468)
* Wed Nov 30 2016 jdelvareAATTsuse.com- lm_sensors-3.4.0+-Only-probe-I-O-ports-on-x86.patch: Skip 'random' I/O port probing on non-x86 machines (bsc#1008552)
* Wed Oct 05 2016 jdelvareAATTsuse.com- lm_sensors-3.4.0-sensors-detect-ppc64le.patch: Fix sensors-detect CPU detection support on ppc architectures (bsc#999987)
* Fri Sep 02 2016 sweet_f_aAATTgmx.de- add lm_sensors-3.4.0-sensors-detect-add-ftsteutates-support.patch for ftsteutates support (Fujitsu Skylake boards)
* Sun Jan 31 2016 jdelvareAATTsuse.com- lm_sensors-3.4.0-sensord-service-extra-args.patch: Allow passing arbitrary extra arguments to sensord.
* Thu Jul 02 2015 jdelvareAATTsuse.com- lm_sensors-3.4.0-sensors-detect-fix-systemd-path.patch: Handle the move of systemd from / to /usr.
* Tue Jun 30 2015 jdelvareAATTsuse.com- Update to lm_sensors 3.4.0
* library: The arbitrary limit on per-type sensor count is gone. Support for temperature min and critical min hysteresis.
* sensors: Support for temperature min and critical min hysteresis.
* fancontrol: Deal with moving hwmon attributes. Reduce memory consumption.
* sensors-detect: Detection of new devices.
* lm_sensors-r6216-fancontrol-moving-hwmon-attributes.patch, lm_sensors-r6237-default-config-NCT6779-NCT6791.patch, lm_sensors-r6254-detect-print-kernel-cpu.patch, lm_sensors-r6255-fix-shell-error-FCFANS.patch, lm_sensors-r6282-detect-graphics-card-in-all-cases.patch, lm_sensors-r6283-skip-addresses-0x37-0x4f-on-DDC.patch: Removed, upstream now.
* lm_sensors-3.0.0-sensord-separate.patch, lm_sensors-3.0.0-sysconfig_metadata.patch, lm_sensors-3.0.3-hint-at-kernel-extra-package.patch: Refreshed.
* Tue Jun 09 2015 jdelvareAATTsuse.com- lm_sensors-r6282-detect-graphics-card-in-all-cases.patch: sensors-detect: Detect graphics card in all cases (bsc#933072).- lm_sensors-r6283-skip-addresses-0x37-0x4f-on-DDC.patch: sensors-detect: Skip addresses 0x37 and 0x4f on DDC channels (bsc#933072).
* Wed Nov 05 2014 jdelvareAATTsuse.com- lm_sensors-r6216-fancontrol-moving-hwmon-attributes.patch: fancontrol: Deal with moving hwmon attributes.- lm_sensors-r6237-default-config-NCT6779-NCT6791.patch: sensors.conf.default: Add support for NCT6779 and NCT6791.- lm_sensors-r6254-detect-print-kernel-cpu.patch: Print kernel version and processor information.- lm_sensors-r6255-fix-shell-error-FCFANS.patch: fancontrol: Fix shell error when FCFANS is not set (bnc#903520).
I bought this mobo 2 weeks ago and now finally got it up and running my core temps are about 28-32 degrees at idle and under heavy load max about 61 degrees, but hw info software shows these Nuvoton 6791D NCT temp 2 and temp 5 at 71 degrees and im wondering should i be worried about it and what are these temperatures anyway? I could not found info from google other than that they are some kind of sensors in motherboard i dont have even idea where in mother board these are.
MY builds specs are
Asus Max VI formula
evga gtx 780 ti sc
g.skill ripajaws Z 1866 2x8gb
ocz vector 150 240gb
CM Haf-X with 5 case fans 4x220mm and one 140mm
nothing has been overclocked
Any help is greatly apreciated thank you
Nuvoton Nct6796d Temperature Thermometer
- NCT6776F / NCT6776D Publication Release Date: July 12, 2011 -I- version: 1.2.
- . Add detection of AMD Family 15h Model 60+ temperature sensors. Add detection of Nuvoton NCT6796D. Add detection of AMD Family 15h Model 70+ temperature sensors. + configs: Add sample configuration files. + sensors.conf.default:. Add hardwired inputs of NCT6795D. Add hardwired inputs of F71868A.