- Deliver and maintain services, like tracking outages and protecting against spam, fraud, and abuse
- Measure audience engagement and site statistics to understand how our services are used
- Movist is a free movie player for Mac OS X based on QuickTime & FFmpeg.
- Years’ experience with Movista When we put all that brainpower toward solving a problem, you can be confident that we’ll find a way to fix it or we’ll make one. Often, when our clients share what keeps them up at night, we stop, collaborate and listen – then we come back with a brand-new invention.
- Improve the quality of our services and develop new ones
- Deliver and measure the effectiveness of ads
- Show personalized content, depending on your settings
- Show personalized or generic ads, depending on your settings, on Google and across the web
Movist is a free movie player for Mac OS X based on QuickTime & FFmpeg. Free software OS: File size: 6MB Old versions Version history. 10.0/10 1 vote Rate it. 1 review 1 275 691 views Post review Notify me Report it. 0.6.8 (April 10, 2010) Download. Visit developer's site. Movist, based on QuickTime and FFmpeg, is another best media player for Mac. It has the ability to encode/decode a multitude of formats and add subtitles. You can do some general and advanced settings for better and convenient video playback. However, the new versions like 2.4.2, 2.4.3 are not free now, which charge $4.99 or $7.99 (Movist Pro).For non-personalized content and ads, what you see may be influenced by things like the content you’re currently viewing and your location (ad serving is based on general location). Personalized content and ads can be based on those things and your activity like Google searches and videos you watch on YouTube. Personalized content and ads include things like more relevant results and recommendations, a customized YouTube homepage, and ads that are tailored to your interests.
macOS video player that comes with support for numerous video and audio formats, 3D subtitles, as well as Macs with Retina displays
Movist is an easy-to-use and powerful video player that comes with support for numerous video and audio formats, 3D subtitles and Retina displays.
It started as free and open-source project that evolved into a commercialware application. However, you can still download the 0.6.8 version for free from our website, and a trial is also available.
Simple installation process and H.264 video decoding acceleration support
As is the case of the vast majority of macOS applications, the only thing you have to do in order to install Movist is to drag and drop it into your Applications folder. In the case of the paid version, you can easily install it via Apple's App Store.
Movist comes with a simple and minimalist interface from which you can easily access the Preferences window and the transparent playlist slide sheet.
The video player uses FFmpeg codecs to play your movies, and it also provides H.264 video decoding acceleration for all video cards that support it.
Inbuilt support for the Apple Remote and multiple subtitles
The Playback tab from the 'Right panel' enables you to adjust the playback speed, change the aspect ratio, and adjust the audio and subtitle sync with just a few mouse clicks.
Furthermore, thanks to the built-in support for the Apple Remote you will be able to play, pause and browse through your playlist without ever leaving your couch.
Movist also makes it easy to enable or disable various options such as 'Single Window Mode' or 'Support Apple Remote' and more via the Preferences window.
In addition, the Subtitle tab from the Preferences window enables you to load up to 3 subtitles and place them in different parts of the screen. You can also change their color, size and font.
Full-featured and slick looking FFmpeg-powered video player for the Mac
Another worth mentioning feature is the fact that the app features customizable keyboard shortcuts and application themes that you can create or download from the web.
On the whole, Movist turned out to be a smooth-running and easy-to-use video player that enables you to load more than one subtitle and enjoy your favorite videos regardless of their format.
Movist is part of these download collections: Play MPV, Open M1V, Play MPEG-4, Open MPEG-4Movist was reviewed by Sergiu Gatlan
- 7-day trial period for Movist Pro
- Resolved washed out color issue when play some types of HDR video
- Improved subtitle compatibility
Movist 2.6.3Softpedia Editor's Pick
Full Movie Torrent Download Freeadd to watchlist
Movistar Mexicosend us an update
- runs on:
- OS X 10.10 or later (Intel only)
- file size:
- 70.6 MB
- main category:
- visit homepage
top alternatives FREE
Iina Vs Movist
top alternatives PAID