Mediainfo text is to long for me, so. I'm looking how to configue mediainfo to gives me just those infos: 'file name, video codec with bitrate + audio codec with bitrate, size and duration of the. For automatic update and easiest installation, enable MediaArea software repository for Ubuntu Search for 'MediaInfo' in your package manager or 'apt-get install mediainfo-gui' (for GUI) or 'apt-get install mediainfo' (for CLI) Activate MediaArea Repository: Official distribution packages (Starting from Ubuntu 12.04).
Other versions (packaging, OS, interface...) are also available ()
See change log
You can also use MediaInfoOnline to test MediaInfo without installing any software on your computer.
The MediaInfo data display includes:
- Container: format, profile, commercial name of the format, duration, overall bit rate, writing application and library, title, author, director, album, track number, date, duration...
- Video: format, codec id, aspect, frame rate, bit rate, color space, chroma subsampling, bit depth, scan type, scan order...
- Audio: format, codec id, sample rate, channels, bit depth, language, bit rate...
- Text: format, codec id, language of subtitle...
- Chapters: count of chapters, list of chapters...
MediaInfo analyticals include:
- Container: MPEG-4, QuickTime, Matroska, AVI, MPEG-PS (including unprotected DVD), MPEG-TS (including unprotected Blu-ray), MXF, GXF, LXF, WMV, FLV, Real...
- Tags: Id3v1, Id3v2, Vorbis comments, APE tags...
- Video: MPEG-1/2 Video, H.263, MPEG-4 Visual (including DivX, XviD), H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC, FFV1...
- Audio: MPEG Audio (including MP3), AC3, DTS, AAC, Dolby E, AES3, FLAC...
- Subtitles: CEA-608, CEA-708, DTVCC, SCTE-20, SCTE-128, ATSC/53, CDP, DVB Subtitle, Teletext, SRT, SSA, ASS, SAMI...
MediaInfo features include:
- Read many video and audio file formats
- View information in different formats (text, sheet, tree, HTML...)
- Customise these viewing formats
- Export information as text, CSV, HTML...
- Graphical user interface, command line interface, or library (.dll/.so/.dylib) versions available
- Integrate with the shell (drag 'n' drop, and Context menu)
- Internationalisation: display any language on any operating system
- Localisation capability (for which volunteers are needed - please contact us!)
Mediainfo Ubuntu 16.04 InstallIt is Open-Source software which means that end users and developers have freedom to study, to improve and to redistribute the program (BSD-style license).
Copyright (c) 2002-2021 MediaArea.net SARL. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Alternate license for redistributions of the library in binary form:
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the following sentence (including the link to the website) in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
This product uses MediaInfo library, Copyright (c) 2002-2021 MediaArea.net SARL.
Third party libraries
The software relies on third party libraries. Such libraries have their own license:
- C++ standard library: libstdc++, libc++, Visual C++ library or any other C++ standard library.
- Base classes library: ZenLib, (c) MediaArea.net SARL, zlib license.
- GUI (optional): Qt.
- GUI (optional): WxWidgets.
- XML parser (optional): TinyXML-2.
- gzip decompression routine (optional): zlib.
- FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS (optional): libcurl.
- MMS (optional): libmms.
Mediainfo Ubuntu Repository
- Jérôme Martinez (main developer)
- Dave Rice (metadata and archival use)
- Lionel Duchateau (odd formats support)
- Chow Loong Jin (Debian and Ubuntu packages maintainer)
- Vasiliy Glazov (Fedora and RHEL/CentOS/EPEL packages maintainer)
- XhmikosR from MPC-HC Team (tests, website improvements)
- FlylinkDC++ team (tests, crash corrections)
- Max Pozdeev (former native Mac GUI developer)