- You can create a folder in your Dropbox account to keep your files organized and separate.
- In addition to sharing single files, you can share entire folders with others.
- Dropbox makes it easy to access and sync your stored folders through desktop or its mobile app.
- Visit Business Insider's Tech Reference library for more stories.
Not only does Dropbox make it possible to share, back up, and store files, it also makes it easy to group those files into different folders so you can keep them organized and easy to find.
Here's how you can create folders in Dropbox, whether via your desktop or the mobile app.
A window will pop up; click Settings (gear icon) on its top right and choose Preferences. Dropbox Preferences. In Dropbox Preferences window, go to Sync tab. Click Selective Sync button to find the files you want to transfer to your computer. Dropbox Preferences Selective Sync.
- Step 1: Right-click on the Dropbox icon present in the system tray of your computer. Step 2: An Up to date dialog box will pop up showing the recent updates in your Dropbox folder. Clik on the gear icon present at the top right corner of the dialog box. Step 3: A list of options will pop up. Among the popped options click on Preferences. Step 4: A Dropbox Preferences dialog box will pop out.
- Jan 10, 2018 Log in to the Dropbox website on your secondary account, then click “New shared folder.” Use “I’d like to create and share a new folder” or “I’d like to share an existing folder for their respective functions. Select the folder with the contents you want to share, then click “Next.”.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Apple)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $699.99 at Walmart)
Apple Macbook Pro (From $1,299.00 at Apple)
Acer Chromebook 15 (From $358.99 at Staples)
Link Dropbox Folder To Computer
How to create a folder in Dropbox from a desktop
1. Go to the Dropbox website with your preferred web browser and sign into your account. You'll be directed to your personal Dropbox account home page.
2. Click 'New folder,' which can be found on the right side of your home page.© Emma Witman/Business Insider You can find the 'New folder' option on your main account page. Emma Witman/Business Insider
3. Name and choose a location for your folder. You can create a new folder for your general Dropbox account, or you can click a folder you've already created to make a folder within a folder.
Video: This is how Ransomware works (WBIR-TV Knoxville)
4. Click 'Create' and you're all done.© Emma Witman/Business Insider You can name your folder as well. Emma Witman/Business Insider
You'll be taken to the new folder, where you can create and upload files to add.
How to create a folder in Dropbox from the mobile app
1. Download the Dropbox mobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store if you haven't.
2. Open the Dropbox app and sign in.
3. From the home screen, click 'Create' in the bottom-center of the screen.
4. Select 'Create Folder' at the bottom of the options list.© Emma Witman/Business Insider Select 'Create Folder' at the bottom of the options menu. Emma Witman/Business Insider
5. Name the folder, and if you'd like, you can then choose a location within an existing folder by opening that folder and tapping 'Set Location' in the bottom right corner.© Emma Witman/Business Insider Folders you create on one device will appear automatically on both. Emma Witman/Business Insider
6. Tap 'Create.'
You'll be taken to the empty folder, where you can start adding and uploading files from your mobile device.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Why Need to Transfer Files from Dropbox to Computer?
Usually, you need to put your all kinds of files like work documents, family photos/pictures,favorite videos, etc. on cloud drives (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and so on) when you donot have enough local storage to save them. However, sometimes, you also want to move youronline files back to local devices such as computer, PC, ipad, phone, tablet, notebook, laptop,etc. for the following reasons:
- You plan to move certain files from Dropbox to another cloud and take local as transit.
- You are going to switch from Dropbox to other cloud drives, like Dropbox to OneDrive.
- You have to do some work on the docs shared by your colleagues to your Dropbox.
- You want to transfer some movies from Dropbox to local to watch on your trip in case thereis no Wi-Fi connection.
- You want to have a local copy of very important files for double insurance.
But there comes a question on how to save files from Dropbox to computer? You will findthree solutions from following parts.
How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to Computer?
As you may know, you can directly transfer pictures from Dropbox to computer and you can alsotransfer photos from dropbox to computer making use of sync feature of Dropbox desktop app.
Way 1. How Do I Transfer Files from Dropbox to My Computer by Directly Downloading?
1. Go to https://www.dropbox.com and sign in with your Dropboxaccount.
2. Find the file you want to transfer to PC, click on More (three dots) on the right ofthe file column and choose Download.
3. Wait for it finishes. The time it takes to finish the downloading depends on how large thefile is and how fast your network is. Finally, you can find the file on your local computer.
- If you have set a default location to save downloaded files from web, you can find thefile you download there; if not, you may be asked to decide where to store thedownloading file.
- You can only download one file or one folder for one time. If you have many differentkinds of files to be downloaded, you can create a temporary folder and put all targetitems in. Then, you just need to select Download for the temporary folder.
- Folder downloaded from Dropbox to PC is a compressed file. To view its contents, youneed to firstly decompress it.
Way 2. How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to PC Using Dropbox App?
If you have already installed Dropbox desktop application and set to sync target files from cloudto local, you can find what you want in Dropbox folder on your computer directly. If not, youhave to first of all download it from its official webpage,install it on your computer and sign in your account to open it.
How To Link Dropbox To Computer
Then, click on its icon on the right of the taskbar. A window will pop up; click Settings(gear icon) on its top right and choose Preferences.
In Dropbox Preferences window, go to Sync tab. Click Selective Sync button to find thefiles you want to transfer to your computer.
- If you have been using Dropbox app but have not synced the target files before, you canselect them to sync now.
- If you do not want these files to keep synced to local in the future, you can unselectthem when they finish.
Way 3. How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to Computer on MultCloud Platform?
Except for methods above, you can also transfer photos from Dropbox to PC on a platformprovided by a FREE third party cloud storage manager, MultCloud.
Why Need to Rely on MultCloud?
- In case you cannot enter Dropbox webpage for some reasons.
- Dropbox desktop APP selective sync feature is unable to connect.
- If you download files to PC just for transit and you will then upload them to another cloud, youcan directly transfer these files from Dropbox to target cloud through MultCloud withoutdownloading and uploading.
How to Make Use of MultCloud?
Dropbox Connect Pc
To make use of MultCloud, first of all, you need to createan account of it. Then, sign in your account to its platform.
Next, add your Dropbox to its platform. On its Add Clouds tab, in the list of common clouddrives, select Dropbox. Then, just follow the guidance to finish adding Dropbox.
After successfully adding Dropbox, go to Cloud Explorer and choose Dropbox in the leftmenu. Then, you can do what you can just like in Dropbox webpage including download/uploadfiles, create new folder, delete an item, rename a file/folder, copy/copy to or cut (move),share a photo/picture, etc.
Tip: MultCloud only allows you to download single file. You can’t download singlefolder with it.
If you want to migrate files from Dropbox to another cloud drive, you can directly transfer themfrom Dropbox to destination without first moving them to computer on MultCloud platform using'Cloud Transfer' utility. Here take migrating from Dropbox toGoogle Drive as an example.
- If you do not want to transfer whole Dropbox to Google Drive, you can select folders youwant to migrate as the source while creating the task. Besides, MultCloud supportsselecting multiple folders as the source.
- As long as the task starts, you can close the page and even shut down your PCbecause MultCloud can process your task at the background.
It is not difficult to see that your problem about how to transfer files from Dropbox to computeris getting resolved easily following any way above mentioned. You could select one way thatsuits you most to perform the operation. If you prefer to use the third way with MultCloud, Youcan make full use of its 'Cloud Explorer', 'Cloud Transfer' and 'Cloud Sync'. To learn moreabout how they work, click the product page to get the information.
Link Dropbox To Computer
Tip: If you are a big fan of Dropbox and you want to use Dropbox better, here are top 12 tools to improve yourDropbox experience.