- Libreoffice Synology App
- Libreoffice Synology Free
- Libreoffice Synology Download
- Libreoffice Synology Tutorial
- Libreoffice Synology Software
Specifically, the Synology package. The idea of being free from having to purchase Office 365 or use Google Docs is appealing. But I don't want to start using the Synology Office suite only to find out a few months later that it is more trouble than its worth. So for those using the Synology Office suite: how's that working out for you? LibreOffice is an open-source personal productivity suite that gives you six feature rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs, writer, calc, impress, draw, math. Sep 28, 2018 I like to keep 5 or 6 spreadsheets open all the time. Currently on LibreOffice 18.104.22.168 (x64) Since about 3 months and 2 updates ago, it keeps going unresponsive and I have to shut it down, several times a week. I do use hibernate on Windows 10 but not sur. I'm a small business, so I'm starting with a medium Synology system but I notice that of all the apps that Synology makes, they don't make an Office Suite (Docs, Spreadsheets, Etc.). Can I locally run the portable app version of LibreOffice on a Synology as part of a private cloud with users editing/viewing files (like Google Docs)?
- A Synology NAS with an Intel processor. If you successfully install on an unit with a different processor architecture, please let us know.
- Some familiarity of the Synology DSM control panel.
- Basic understanding of terminal and SSH usage.
- Knowing how to do minor text editing with nano or vi.
- Admin access to the DSM control panel.
- Root SSH access.
Know your NAS address
You may have configured external access through the synology.me dynamic DNS service or some other service. Perhaps your server is only available in the local network. In any case, you'll need to have the IP address or domain where your NAS is reachable.
The Synology web assistant may be useful to determine the IP address of your NAS in the local network.
IPKG is a package manager similar to APT or yum. It will allow you to install some dependencies like ghostscript and imagemagick easily. Have your SSH connection ready, you'll need it here.
- First, identify your NAS processor and take note of it.
- Then get and execute the adequate bootstrap script
- Finally, test ipkg by running:
You should see a list of available packages. If you get a not found error, go back to the previous steps and make sure there were no errors.
Install ipkg package
Run in the terminal:
xpdf will provide pdftotext
- Follow this guide to enable WebStation (Apache server).
- Create a virtualhost for ResourceSpace in a directory named resourcespace, as detailed in the same guide.
The latest versions of DSM have MariaDB instead of MySQL. MariaDB is a drop-in, fully open source replacement for MySQL.
- In the DSM control panel, open the Package Center, look for MariaDB and click Install.
- Once installed, open MariaDB and change the root password.
- Download exiftool
- Extract the contents of the package
- Copy the exiftool executable to /usr/syno/bin/exiftool
Adding the exiftool directory to PATH isn't necessary because the full path is configured in ResourceSpace.
Libreoffice Synology App
In that file, set:
You might need higher values if your users are going to upload video or huge images to the repository.
Fix PHP's open_basepath
- In the Control Panel, go to Web Services and click on the PHP Settings tab.
- Check the Customize PHP open_basedir checkbox.
- In the open_basedir text field enter:
Libreoffice Synology Free
(this assumes that you named the ResourceSpace virtual host directory resourcespace and that it is located on volume 1)
Assuming that you named the ResourceSpace virtual host directory resourcespace and that it is located on volume 1:
- Following the instructions here to check out ResourceSpace.
- Point your browser to http://[YOUR NAS ADDRESS]/resourcespace and follow the install instructions.
The binary paths are:
Set up the cron job
Libreoffice Synology Download
- Open the Control Panel and click on the Task Scheduler.
- Click on Create and select User defined script.
- Name the task ResourceSpace.
- In the User-defined script textarea, enter:
(assuming that the virtual host you set up is named resourcespace)
- If you need to change the default daily execution frequency, visit the schedule tab.
Secure your NAS
You may have terabytes of valuable assets stored in it, securing them is worth a few extra steps.
- Disable SSH
Libreoffice Synology Tutorial
It's best to disable services you aren't using, as they might open security vulnerabilities. Go to the DSM control panel and disable SSH (and any other services you aren't using).
Libreoffice Synology Software
- Fix permissions. In the terminal, run: