- When I try to use MariaDB Connector/ODBC with LibreOffice Base, Base crashes. This may be a LibreOffice Base problem, or a MariaDB Connector/ODBC problem, I'm not sure.
- Welcome to the home of the LinuxServer.io documentation! It is our goal to ensure that all of our images are properly documented with all of the relevant information in order to help our users get started.
- LibreOffice Base is a free and open-source relational database management system that is part of the LibreOffice office suite.LibreOffice Base was built off of a fork of OpenOffice.org and was first released as version 22.214.171.124 on October 4, 2011.
DbForge Studio is an IDE for development, management, and administration of MariaDB & MySQL. The MariaDB GUI tool allows users to create and execute queries, develop and debug stored routines, automate database object management, and analyze table data via an intuitive interface.
I am trying to establish a connection between LibreOffice (126.96.36.199) and Mariadb (10.1.29)/mysql. I have researched various resources on the web but am stuck not being able to establish a connection
preliminary steps taken:
Libreoffice Mariadb Connector
- the file mariadb-java-client-2.4.0.jar is downloaded from https://downloads.mariadb.com/Connectors/java/connector-java-2.3.0/
- JRE is installed and enabled under LibreOffice Tools > Options > Advanced (according to the Mariadb connector page, only Java is required, not SDK)
- in that Advanced tab, Class Path is set with mariadb-java-client-2.4.0.jar (I have tried with a path '/opt/mariadb-java-client-2.4.0.jar' and '/home/user_name/mariadb-java-client-2.4.0.jar')
Libreoffice Mariadb Jdbc
Based on web site and youtube tutorials, the next steps are to connect via LibreOffice Base. Using the wizard:
- Connect to an existing database MySQL is chosen from the dropdown
- after clicking Next >>
- Under some video and how-to tutorials, there has been a third option of 'Connect directly...' Is this a further clue that something is not set properly?
- I choose Connect using JDBC...and click Next >>
- I provide the database name, the server (have tried localhost and 127.0.0.1) and port number 3306
- for the MySQL JDBC driver class I change the string to 'org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver' according to https://stackoverflow.com/a/41842833/7932473
- upon clicking Test Class, a dialog with 'The JDBC driver could not be loaded.' appears
I have used JDBC connections before under LO 3.x and MySQL before Mariadb came along. Ultimately, I want to use a connection to my database for further analysis of the data using Calc. Is this still possible? If my memory is not failing me, it is possible to open a Base registered database within LO Calc.