First check the system requirements before installing LibreOffice on macOS.
- Download the .DMG file from the download page.
- Open the .DMG file by double-clicking on it.
- An installation window appears: drag and drop the LibreOffice icon onto the Applications icon in the same window. You may be required to enter your administrator password.
- The files are copied over and a progress bar shows when the installation is complete.
- If needed, you may now download and install the language pack(s) of your choice and built-in help by downloading the .DMG file of your choice. The installers for these are launched from inside their .DMG files.
Using Office Libre version 188.8.131.52. Using MacOS most current OS. Tried to open up a Pages document in Office Libre writer. It does not open. Tried more than one Pages document.
Any suggestions?The tag for writer would not work so used tag that doesn't fit. Here is some more information per first comment request:Via Finder I am not given option to select LibreOffice writer. It isn't even listed as I scroll applications. But when I search in the applications dialog window it will show LibreOffice greyed out. I cannot select it.
LibreOffice Writer, shown here in its Mac version, offers multiple options for formatting text, including a traditional dialog box and an optional sidebar. The latest version of Microsoft Office is called Microsoft Office 2019, although the web-based Microsoft 365 is the version that Microsoft would prefer users to adopt. Various versions of the suite have been around since 1988, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Professional, Microsoft Office Home and Student, and various collections of Microsoft Office. Apple macOS (Mac OS X) The software and hardware prerequisites for installing on a Apple macOS computer are as follows: macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher; Intel or Apple silicon processor (via Rosetta - native Apple silicon support is being developed) 512 MB RAM; Up to 800 MB available hard disk space. First check the system requirements before installing LibreOffice on macOS. Download the.DMG file from the download page. Open the.DMG file by double-clicking on it. An installation window appears: drag and drop the LibreOffice icon onto the Applications icon in the same window. You may be required to enter your administrator password.
If I open Libre office (which does run on computer), and do File > Open and select the Pages document: Libre 'opens' the file technically as the name of the file is at the top of the window. BUT the document is blank. Nothing is there. Same result whether I just select document I know is *.pages or use the filter and then select.
Get Libreoffice For Windows 10
Libreoffice Apple Ipad
- How did you try to open (
File - Open; via click in Finder on filename)?
- Does LibreOffice run at all (without opening a file)?
- Do you get any error messages?
- Did you try to
File -> Openand selecting Apple Pages (*.pages) in field Filter of the dialog?
Download Office Libre For Mac
Please do not use Add Answer but edit your original question to enhance the details of your question. Thanks in advance …
(PS: Modified tags)
Thanks for the update ... Could you upload a sample .pages file?