Wget Tarball File: sudo tar jxf.
- To start the installation of FileZilla on your OpenSUSE Linux PC, launch a terminal window by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T or Ctrl + Shift + T on the keyboard. Then, use the zypper install command below. Sudo zypper install filezilla.
- To install FileZilla, simply download the appropriate file to your computer. If you have downloaded the FileZilla package using Safari, it will be automatically extracted. You might have to manually extract the archive if you're using a different browser. To start FileZilla, simply doubleclick the extracted application bundle.
- Download FileZilla Client for Linux (64bit x86) The latest stable version of FileZilla Client is 3.53.1 Please select the file appropriate for your platform below. Linux (64bit x86).
This feature is only available on FileZilla Pro, if you didn’t buy it yet you can buy FileZilla Pro from our Store →
How to Install FileZilla Pro on Debian Linux
- Go to the directory where the installation file was downloaded.
This file is named FileZilla_Pro_
- Open the file using the extract tool.
- Extract the files to the destination directory.
- Go to the directory where the files were extracted.
- Go to
- Start the program using the filezilla executable in the
If it fails to launch from the file manager you may need to launch from the command line.
See below how to install and launch from command line:
- Open a terminal.
- Change to the directory where the installation file was downloaded,for example:
- Extract the file with:
tar xf FileZilla_Pro_
Install Filezilla Linux Ubuntu
To create a icon on the desktop:
- Copy the
FileZilla3/share/applications/filezilla.desktopto your Desktop directory.
cp FileZilla3/share/applications/filezilla.desktop $HOME/Desktop
- Open the file in a text editor. Adjust the paths at Exec and Icon according to the directory where the installation file was extracted.
- A shortcut icon is shown on the desktop.
- Right-click the shortcut and choose Allow launching.
- The shortcut now shows the FileZilla Pro icon:
- If you use another desktop environment, like KDE, you need to change the shortcut properties to allow execution:
- Right click the shortcut.
- Choose Properties.
- Mark Is Executable or Allow executing file as program.
- Copy the
Note that some desktop environments do not support desktop icons. In this case move the
filezilla.desktop to your applications directory:
mv filezillapro.desktop ~/.local/share/applications
The shortcut will be in the list of available applications.
Note: Please note that due to differences in distributions, the provided binaries for Debian Linux might not work on different GNU/Linux systems. The distributions where FileZilla Pro is known to work are:
- Debian 10.4
- Fedora 31 or greater
- CentOS 8.1
- Ubuntu 20.04 or greater
- Linux Mint 20 or greater
The following distributions where FileZilla Pro does not work:
Ubuntu Install Filezilla
- Ubuntu 18.04
- OpenSUSE Leap 15.1 and OpenSUSE Leap 15.2
- Linux Mint 19.3
Install Filezilla Linux Centos
Tags: Debian Linux, FileZilla Debian, FileZilla Pro Debian