Load, modify and save your GPX 1.1 files. Add and remove waypoints, edit track and routes, simplify tracks (reducing file's size), clean recorded data, add and edit GPX metadata, edit waypoint, route and track properties, all with real-time preview. TatukGIS Editor for editing and translating data between GPX, SHP, MIF, DXF, KML, GML. TatukGIS Datum and Projection Conversion Calculator (free download) -Instructions (MAY 02) TopoFusion -Download maps, TIGER, NASA, Aerial Photo, and Satellite Automatically from Public Servers. JGPSTrackEdit is a free, portable GPX editor for Windows. It lets you edit Garmin GPX Track files. For editing, it supports more file formats including KML, ASC, etc. When you open a GPX file, its basic information, graph, and waypoints are displayed on the main interface.
Portable GPX file editor with powerful features and support for data importing (from NMEA, NGT, KML files) and exporting (to KML, CSV, HTM formats)
GPX Editor is a lightweight piece of software designed to help you edit GPS Exchange Format files. It provides simple-to-use tools for viewing and writing GPX files, adding and removing waypoints, modifying routes, and more.
Quick setup and user-friendly interface
This is a portable piece of software, so installation is not a requirement. You can just drop the executable file anywhere on the hard disk and click it to run. Alternatively, you can move GPX Editor to a USB flash drive or similar storage unit, in order to run it on any machine with minimum effort.
What's more, the Windows registry does not receive new entries, and leftover files are not kept on the hard disk after removing the utility. The interface is made from a common window where you can open a GPX file using the file browser or drag-and-drop function. The waypoint and route list is accessible from the left side of the screen.
Allows you to create waypoints, routes and metadata
Gpx Editor Portable Download
So, you can copy and delete waypoints, sort them by date, reverse the point order, remove duplicates, as well as edit properties when it comes to coordinates, time, comments, descriptions, links, satellites, and others. These rules are also applicable to routes.
Aside from previewing the GPX content, you can view a list of points organized in a database to easily edit fields, as well as switch to Google Maps viewing mode. Data is importable from NMEA, NGT and KML formats, and exportable to KML, CSV and HTM files.
Other options of GPX Editor let you merge all tracks, create routes from waypoints, and create metadata sections. As far as program settings go, you can customize colors for tracks, routes, waypoints, selections, cut points and the background, hide controls, select the map type, use proxies, personalize the status bar, compress GPX files, and preserve XML namespaces.
A handy utility for editing GPX files
The application has a minimal impact on system resources, using low CPU and RAM. No error dialogs have been shown in our tests. All in all, GPX Editor comes equipped with some powerful tools for manipulating GPX files, and it is fairly easy to learn, free and open-source.
GPX Editor is part of these download collections: GPX Viewer
Gpx Editor WindowsGPX Editor was reviewed by Elena Opris
- Ability to delete metadata, extension and waypoints in one click. Ability to ignore XMl version (GPX was designed with 1.0 version). Ability to keep line feeds
GPX Editor 1.7.15 Build 1743add to watchlistsend us an update
- runs on:
- Windows All
- file size:
- 878 KB
- main category:
- Office tools
- visit homepage
top alternatives FREE
top alternatives PAID
For a variety of reasons, you may want to edit a GPS track log before uploading it to OSM. If you followed the conversion step before now, the track log should be in GPX file format.
Gpx Track Editor Portable
- You should only upload raw data you collected yourself in the real world.
- OSM is interested in the raw data, so you shouldn't edit your tracks to match what you would like to see mapped. In particular, don't edit the locations of trackpoints, just remove bad ones and split the tracks as required.
- To protect your privacy:
- Your GPS tracks can reveal your exact address and show when you were where. This can give people a lot of information you don't want them to have. You may want to exclude the area around your house (Using filters with GPSBabel shows how to do that with gpsbabel) and possibly modify the timestamps.
- To improve the remove or correct bad data:
- You may want to remove points where your GPS receiver had poor reception (say you were inside a building).
- Also, if you spent a while at some place, the resulting cloud of points is not that useful for mapping.
- If the receiver produced implausible results:
- distance between trackpoints more than 500 m,
- speeds higher than 300 km/h lower than 1 km/h (values can be computed by gpsbabel)
- You may want to split your logs into parts depending on some criteria. For instance, separate the flight log and the bus trip from the airport. This allows more accurate tagging of the uploaded logs.
- To reduce the data volume, you may want to :
- compress a track to reduce the number of points and speed up uploading.
- to delete sections of data which have already been uploaded or are not relevant.
- GpsMaster is a free and open source desktop application used to create, view, edit and analyse GPX files
- GPSBabel provides filters (see using filters with GPSBabel). Some of these only work on waypoints, so you may have to convert a track to waypoints and back (gpsbabel allows this).
- JOSM permits reading and writing GPX files. By converting the GPX layer to a data layer, it can be edited, then saved again as a GPX file, or directly uploaded to OSM using EditGpx plugin. Elevation and metadata is preserved since JOSM version 14163.
- Viking, , project allows visualizing, editing and uploading tracks to OSM.
- RouteConverter is a platform independent java application that can edit GPX files.
- Check Perl_Scripts#osmtrackfilter and https://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/filter/ for some command line tools.
- gpsman is very useful if you can see past the unusual tcl/tk user interface.
- GpsPrune allows visualisation (2D, 3D, osm, Google Earth) and editing of GPX files.
- Florb is a really simple map viewer and GPX editor written in C++.
- GPX Editor allows splitting, joining and pruning of tracks, visualises tracks in Google Maps, simplifies tracks using various methods etc. English support forum.
- gpxsplitter splits multi-track GPX files, containing waypoints, into individual one-track GPX files with their respective waypoints. It's useful for GPS units (such as those based on MTK chipsets) that munge tracks and waypoints together.
- gpx_reduce is a small python script that yields high-quality gpx-track reduction/compression.
- Merge Tool and Anonymize Tool are two small console applications (for Windows) to merge gpx files or randomly shift their timestamps.
- Trakclean is a simple Windows console application to eliminate spurious trackpoints (typically recorded when stationary) using a minimum speed or distance criterion.
- TrackProfiler is an online GPS track editor. It allows you to split/merge/move tracks, edit routes, detect and remove GPS errors and add coordinates to images.
- GPS Track Editor is a Windows application to analyze and edit GPS tracks (split/merge/filter).
- GPS TrackMaker (Windows) allows GUI editing of gpx tracks (e.g. deleting parts)
- GPS Utility to manage, manipulate and map your GPS information
- How to edit GPX files in a text editor - a rough description.
- Mercators heaven - GIS.Lab - view, edit or create gpx, kml and kmz on different maps.
- Track Guru Java application for cleaning, merging and splitting of tracks. Can replace elevation values, detect track errors and show overview over large number of tracks.
- gpx.studio is an online open-source tool used to view, create, edit and merge GPX files.