The Google Drive API allows you to create apps that leverage Google Drive cloud storage. You can develop applications that integrate with Google Drive, and create robust functionality in your application using Google Drive API.
This diagram shows the relationship between your Google Drive app, Google Drive, and Google Drive API:
These terms define the key components shown in Figure 1:
- Google Drive
- Google's cloud file storage service that provides users with a personal storagespace, called My Drive, and the option to access collaborative sharedfolders, called shared drives.
- Google Drive API
- The REST API that allows you to leverage Google Drive storage from withinyour app.
- Google Drive app
- An app that leverages Google Drive as its storage solution.
- Google Drive UI
- Google's user interface that manages files stored on Google Drive. If your appis an editor-type app, such as a spreadsheet or word processor app, you canintegrate with the Drive UI to create and open files within your app.
- My Drive
- A Google Drive storage location that a specific user owns. Files stored onMy Drive can be shared with other users, but ownership of the content remainsspecific to an individual user.
- OAuth 2.0
- The authorization protocol that Google Drive API requires to authenticate your app users.If your application uses Google Sign-in, it handles the OAuth 2.0 flow and application access tokens.
- Shared drive
- A Google Drive storage location that owns files that multiple users share to collaborate. Any user with access to a shared drive has access to all files it contains. Users can also be granted access to individual files inside the shared drive.
What can you do with Google Drive API?
You can use Google Drive API to:
In this video you will learn how to transfer google drive to mega without downloading. I have search for this but could not find it anywhere so I made this v.
- Download files from Google Drive and Upload files to Google Drive.
- Search for files and folders stored in Google Drive. Create complex search queries that return any of the file metadata fields in the Files resource.
- Let users share files, folders and drives to collaborate on content.
- Combine with the Google Picker API to search all files in Google Drive, then return the file name, URL, last modified date, and user.
- Create third-party shortcuts that are external links to data stored outside of Drive, in a different data store or cloud storage system.
- Create a dedicated Drive folder to store your application’s data so that the app cannot access all the user's content stored in Google Drive. See Store application-specific data.
- Integrate with the Google Drive UI, which is Google's standard web UI you can use to interact with Drive files. To learn all that you can do with a Drive app that you integrate with the Google Drive UI, see Drive UI integration overview
Google Drive is a cloud-based file storage and synchronization service developed by Google in 2012. The service through its website or mobile app allows users to store, synchronize, and share files. Google Drive encompasses an office suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides) that supports collaborative editing and sharing of documents. This app is an automatic file sync and backup tool. It lets you automatically synchronize files and folders with MEGA (mega.nz) cloud storage and with your other devices. It is an ideal tool for photo sync, document and file backup, automatic file transfer, automatic file sharing between devices. Mega to Google Drive - Shared by Cheems Mount GDrive to /content/drive Use one of below methods. Mounting with Google Drive File Stream app is more comfortable.
To get started with Google Drive API:
Try a quickstart to learn how to configure and run a Google Drive app.
Learn how to enable the Drive API within your app's Cloud Platform project.
Learn how to authenticate your users so they can access the Google Drive API with your Google Drive app.
User Cases: How Do I Move Google Drive to MEGA without Downloading?
'I have tons of videos and files on Google drive and I want to move to MEGA. Is there a way to dothis without downloading them all individually and moving to MEGA?'
'Hello, can I backup my files on Google Drive to MEGA without having to download them on mycomputer then upload them again to MEGA?'
Mega.nz To Google Drive
About Google Drive and MEGA
Google Drive is one of the most attractive services that Google currently offers. When setting upa Google account, you can get 15GB of free space - or link it to your existing account. Thestorage space of 15GB is shared across all these services, so if users have large attachments inemails, then they will be counted in. Data stored on Drive is encrypted in 128-bit AES ratherthan the 256-bit.
MEGA is not only designed to be an online storage provider. Instead, it works as a platform whereapps can be developed to further enhance its core functionality. MEGA has three features thatmake it stand out from the crowd:
(1). Superior end-to-end encryption: The data is encrypted and decrypted during the transferprocess;
(2). Secure global access: MEGA allows the user to access data anywhere and anytime but preventseveryone else from accessing it;
(3). Safe collaboration: Online collaboration is quite private and safe when Mega's functionsare in place. It facilitates real-time sharing of contacts and viewing updates, which isconvenient for users.
Why Transfer Google Drive to MEGA?
Like these cases mentioned above, when users who use Google Drive and want to transfer or backupfiles to other clouds, they might choose MEGA as the target cloud. Why? Because MEGA generouslyoffers more storage for users and users can get maximum permanent storage of 50 GB throughvarious 'achievements', such as install MEGAsync, invite a friend to MEGA, etc.
Moreover, its security feature allows files to be encrypted locally before they are uploaded andthus prevents anyone accessing from files without the password used for encryption.
Here are the pros and cons of Google Drive as well as MEGA, respectively.
Now, back to users' question: how to copy Google Drive to MEGA without downloading? The followingpart will introduce a method on how to achieve Google Drive to MEGA transfer.
Transfer Google Drive to MEGA with MultCloud
Google Drive To Mega
Yes! You can use MultCloud to perform this operation. MultCloud is a FREEmultiple cloudmanager that can transfer, backup or sync files across cloud drives from one platformwithout downloading and uploading and it supports more than 30 cloud services which includeGoogle Drive, G Suite, Google Photos, OneDrive, MEGA, Dropbox, etc.
With 'Cloud Transfer' feature, you can directly move from Google Drive to MEGA. 3 stepsbelow to transfer between Google Drive and MEGA will be introduced.
Step 1. Sign Up
To use MultCloud, you need to sign up first.
Step 2. Add clouds
Click on 'Add Clouds' icon on the tab and add Google Drive and MEGA to MultCloud.
Note: You have to repeat 'Add Clouds' operation if you want to add more than onecloud.
Step 3. Transfer from Google Drive to MEGA with 'Cloud Transfer' Task
First of all, click on 'Cloud Transfer' button and select Google Drive as the source and MEGA asthe destination. Then click on 'Transfer Now' to complete the task.
- You can totally trust the security of MultCloud because your data or files will not besaved or cached on the server.
- MultCloud supports transferring files at the background so you can close the page whenthe transfer begins.
- If you do not want to transfer entire Google Drive, you could select directories underGoogle Drive as the source when creating the task.
More about MultCloud
MultCloud makes it easier to transfer Google Drive to MEGA. Conversely, you can also transfer MEGA to Google Drivedirectly through “Cloud Transfer” feature.
Move Google Drive To Mega
Besides 'Cloud Transfer' feature, MultCloud also has 'Cloud Explorer' and 'Cloud Sync' functions.'Cloud Explorer' function allows you to manage multiple clouds, share files and remote uploadfiles from URL, etc. So you can manage multiple Google Drive accounts or remote upload to Google Driveif necessary. If you want to backup Google Photos to OneDrive or sync Box to Google Drive,MultCloud 'Cloud Sync' will work perfectly for you.