Google Cloud Storage – differently from Google Drive that is aimed at personal use – targets Enterprise users, offering them an Infrastructure As A Service platform similar to Amazon S3. Google has been named a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud Storage along with Amazon and Microsoft. This application allows the user to connect to the Google Drive services and transfer files easily using an FTP client (i.e. However, there will be a few things we need to set up before we can start using the application. Google doesn't support connecting to Google Drive via FTP I'm afraid. Recommended this. Original Poster. Marked this as an answer.
FileZilla is a free software package supported by the ITS Help Desk. FileZilla software is available free of charge from the FileZilla website and works with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
The main purpose of Filezilla is to make it easy for web engineers to upload and download files from their own web hosting servers. Users can also edit the files and save changes without having to manually download and upload the files.
Ftp Filezilla Client
- Most users should consider using Google Drive and Installing Google Drive for Desktop on personal devices instead. Google Drive is far easier to use, and requires far less setup and configuration.
- Accessing departmental drives using FileZilla or FTP is not supported.
- Only students and active employees are authorized to use FileZilla and FTP to access UWF resources.
Filezilla Ftp Server
- Start the Program (Start -> Programs -> FileZilla FTP Client -> FileZilla).
- From the File menu, click Site Manager.
- Click the New Site button. A new site appears in the Select Entry box and is ready for editing. Rename the site UWF FTP.
- Enter the following information:
- Protocol: Select FTP - File Transfer Protocol
- Students should type ftp.students.uwf.edu
- Employees should type ftp.facstaff.uwf.edu
- Port: Type 990
- Encryption: Select Require implicit FTP over TLS
- Logon Type: Select Normal
- User: Enter your ArgoNet username
- Password: Enter your ArgoNet password
- Students should type My student FTP directory
- Employees should type My facstaff FTP directory
- If working from a home computer connected to a router you may need to complete this additional step: Click the Transfer Settings tab. Under Transfer Mode, select Passive.
- Click OK.
- From the Edit menu (or under FileZilla in OS X), select Settings. On the left hand side, select File Lists under Interface. Then change Comparison threshold (in minutes) to 0.
FileZilla is now installed and configured!
- Open FileZilla (Start -> Programs -> FileZilla FTP -> FileZilla).
- From the File menu, select Site Manager and make sure UWF FTP is highlighted on the left side. Then, click Connect.
- An Accept Certificate window may appear. If so, select Always trust this certificate in future sessions, and click OK.
- Your folders appear on the right-hand side.
- Employees only → Folders preceded by your ArgoNet username (e.g. jdoe Home) will take you directly to your folder, while the other folders will open a list of all other employees. You will not be able to open these other folders.
To transfer files from your H: Drive to your personal computer, just click and drag the files or folders from one side to the other as explained in the video below.
Filezilla Ftp Download Free
Filezilla Official Site