Among the various free FTP programs available to download on the internet for Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux, Bluehost recommends Filezilla. It can be downloaded free of charge from http://www.filezilla-project.org.
Why use FileZilla? Because, like WordPress, it is released under the GPL. So, it is not just free, it is staying that way, too. FileZilla is also a stable client that works on all flavors of Windows. Need an FTP or SFTP client for your Mac? Try Cyberduck, which is also free and released under the GPL. The following pages will show you how to. Start uploading images to WordPress. Let’s take the example, let’s say you’d like to upload photos to your WordPress site, what you need first is the FTP software, and if you’re sung Windows, use Filezilla, or CyberDuck for Mac users, personally, I think Cyberduck is faster in sending images to WordPress, even more, there is an option to send ZIP files. FileZilla FTP-client may be used to manage your WordPress site by uploading and downloading files and images. This article will guide you through the process of installing and using FileZilla FTP-client to manage your WordPress site. Filezilla application. For more information about FileZilla, view the list of features at the official site. FileZilla is an open-source FTP-client and FTP-server developed by Tim Kosse (Germany) et.al. The FTP-client is available for multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, and the FTP-server is available for Windows only. FileZilla FTP-client may be used to manage your WordPress site by uploading and downloading files and images.
What You Need
Using Filezilla Ftp
- A Bluehost hosting account.
- Filezilla installed and running on your computer.
- Your FTP username and password
- A domain that points to your Bluehost hosting account or your server's IP address.
The Site Manager
To create a connection in FileZilla, you will need to use the site manager.
- Click File and open the Site Manager.
- Click the New Site button.
- Enter a name for the new site.
- Enter the following settings:
- Host: Your Domain Name or server IP address.
- Port: 21
- Protocol: FTP - File Transfer Protocol
- Encryption: Use plain FTP
- Logon Type: Ask for Password
- User: Your control panel username or the username of an FTP account
- Click the Transfer Settings tab. Then select the Limit number of simultaneous connections checkbox and set the limit to 8.
- Click the Connect button.
- You will be prompted for your password; enter it, and click OK.
Once you click connect, it should connect to the server and allow you to download and upload files by dragging and dropping files and folders between the local and remote site sections.
Wordpress Ftp Plugin
After setting up your website in Site Manager, you can open Site Manager and click the connect button. You will not have to enter your settings again.