Install FileZilla FTP Client in Linux Mint Ubuntu Via PPA:Installation Command:sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/programs-ppasudo apt-get updatesudo apt. Install FileZilla in Ubuntu/Linux Mint First we need to add PPA file in our system and then we can install it. Use following commands to complete the installation. $ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/programs-ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install filezilla.
This feature is only available on FileZilla Pro, if you didn’t buy it yet you can buy FileZilla Pro from our Store →
How to Install FileZilla Pro on Debian Linux
Filezilla For Ubuntu
- OpenSUSE Linux has a version of the FileZilla FTP app ready for installation on each of its current releases (15.1, 15.0, and Tumbleweed). To start the installation of FileZilla on your OpenSUSE Linux PC, launch a terminal window by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T or Ctrl + Shift + T on the keyboard. Then, use the zypper install command below.
- FileZilla is a full-featured FTP client with an easy-to-use GUI. It is written in C and uses the wxWidgets library. FileZilla includes the following features:. Supports FTP, FTP over SSL/TLS (FTPS) and SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP). IPv6 support. Available in more than 40 languages. Supports resume and transfer of large files 4GB.
- Go to the directory where the installation file was downloaded.
This file is named FileZilla_Pro_
- Open the file using the extract tool.
- Extract the files to the destination directory.
- Go to the directory where the files were extracted.
- Go to
- Start the program using the filezilla executable in the
If it fails to launch from the file manager you may need to launch from the command line.
See below how to install and launch from command line:
- Open a terminal.
- Change to the directory where the installation file was downloaded,for example:
- Extract the file with:
tar xf FileZilla_Pro_
Note that some desktop environments do not support desktop icons. In this case move the
filezilla.desktopto your applications directory:
Filezilla Download Linux
mv filezillapro.desktop ~/.local/share/applications
The shortcut will be in the list of available applications.
Note: Please note that due to differences in distributions, the provided binaries for Debian Linux might not work on different GNU/Linux systems. The distributions where FileZilla Pro is known to work are:
Filezilla Download For Linux Mint
- Debian 10.4
- Fedora 31 or greater
- CentOS 8.1
- Ubuntu 20.04 or greater
- Linux Mint 20 or greater
The following distributions where FileZilla Pro does not work:
- Ubuntu 18.04
- OpenSUSE Leap 15.1 and OpenSUSE Leap 15.2
- Linux Mint 19.3
Tags: Debian Linux, FileZilla Debian, FileZilla Pro Debian