- Download CData Excel Add-In for Dropbox - SQL-based Access to Dropbox from Excel Add-In. Excel Add-In ODBC Driver.
- Go to the Dropbox login page and log in using the email and password associated with your.
- When you signed up for your free Dropbox trial, you received an email from [email protected] with the terms of the trial subscription, including the length of the trial. If you don’t see it in your inbox, check your spam folder. You can also find the terms of the trial on the billing page of your account settings.
The dropbox.com coupon enables you to access high room sizes at much-discounted prices. By having a dropbox.com coupon, you get the chance of receiving free gifts, free trial for the business account for a given period. Probax’s integration for Dropbox adds backup, archival and independent ransomware recovery capabilities to the popular cloud storage and collaboration solution for businesses. Retain customer data as secure, air-gapped restore points according to a schedule and criteria you choose.
OneDrive vs Dropbox – an on-going storage battle. It wouldn’t be incorrect to say that thousands of people compare the pros and cons of OneDrive and Dropbox in an attempt to find the best cloud storage.
Even after years of comparison, we have still not settled this debate, and users are left with no other choice but to switch between these two services back and forth.
Reviewsed has decided to settle the Dropbox vs OneDrive battle for once and for all. Both the cloud storage perform exceptionally well, but there can be only one winner in a battle! So, which cloud storage service deserves to be crowned the best cloud storage service?
OneDrive comes with Microsoft’s expertise and trust. This cloud storage was once known as SkyDrive. Although it is an excellent cloud storage service for all types of users, however, it was initially popular among corporate, users, industry, and business users.
Today, it is among the leading cloud storages that offer a massive range of features. Windows Phone and Windows 8 and 10 users swear by the brilliant user interface and the widespread integration with a vast majority of the most popular apps and other platforms.
You can easily access OneDrive
- Click the “odd” cloud-shaped icon on your device
- Log in with your Microsoft or OneDrive Account
- Select the backup details, including what and when to backup, and what not to save on the OneDrive.
- If you want to edit, delete, and share the files offline.
OneDrive: Pros and Cons
- Direct access from your desktop computer.
- No need to access the website to access cloud storage from your desktop.
- Satisfactory integration. OneDrive integrates with approx. 35% of the most popular apps and platforms.
- Compatible with most platforms, including Mac, iOS, Chromium, Windows, and Android.
- 5GB free storage on subscription.
- Allows ample file storage, including photos, videos, and documents’ storage.
- Allows social network (read-only) file share.
- Collaboration with Microsoft Office that allows enhanced MS office file storage and real-time file collaboration.
- Privacy is questionable. Some users have observed privacy breaches in the past.
- It is a popular platform; thus, its security can be compromised.
- Users have complained about file alteration during syncing and uploading procedure.
If you are new to cloud storage or you simply require easily accessible cloud storage, Dropbox can be an excellent option for you. Dropbox is specifically designed to allow the utmost ease of use to its users.
The broad range of features makes Storing, Sharing, Deleting, and Syncing files are exceptionally convenient. Dropbox has maintained its top position among the cloud storage service due to the regular feature updates and service enhancement. Two of the most prominent features of Dropbox is its highly trustable data security and its widespread app integration.
You can easily access Dropbox.
- Create a Dropbox account.
- Click on the profile picture or initials to access the notification panel.
- Edit your backup and storage preferences.
- You can also use Dropbox’s Windows tool to share and access your files and folders via Windows Explorer.
Dropbox: Pros and Cons
- Excellent integration. Dropbox integrates with approx. 45% of the most popular apps and platforms.
- Remarkable easy-to-use user interface
- Collaboration tool allows the user to keep a check on the document alteration.
- Compatible with most platforms, including Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, and Kindle Fire.
- Automatic File upload and backup.
- Allows file editing without internet access.
- Easy deleted file recovery.
- 3 TB free storage for a month.
- Lack of tabs can make it difficult to locate old and deleted files.
- Only 2GB free storage at the time of subscription.
- Files may get deleted if the account is inactive.
OneDrive vs Dropbox – Pricing
Dropbox also offers an Enterprise package that allows the buyer/organization to plan and design their Dropbox package according to the specific needs of their enterprise.
Both OneDrive and Dropbox has improved their packages and changed their prices throughout the years. If we make a price comparison between the two, OneDrive comes out as more expensive cloud storage as compared to Dropbox, especially when it comes to business plans.
OneDrive vs Dropbox – Features Comparison
OneDrive vs Dropbox – Security
It all comes down to security. With ever-increasing security breaches, the threat of misuse of your personal information, and the fear of your data being sold to advertising and database management companies have become a real issue.
Many cloud storage services are accused of “spying” on their users and selling not only their personal information but also information about their preferences to advertising companies.
Both OneDrive and Dropbox offer sufficient data security. Both when it comes to selecting the most secure cloud storage amongst the two, Dropbox most definitely takes the crown.
- Dropbox no.1 rated secure cloud storage.
- It is amongst the very few cloud storages that use block-level sync.
- All the files are encrypted using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
- To make the data transit more secure, Dropbox uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)/TLS (Transport Layer Security) that is protected with a 128-bit or higher AES
- Dropbox login is protected with Two-step verification.
However, it wouldn’t be fair to stay that OneDrive compromises on its security.
- OneDrive also protects each file with a unique AES256 key that is encrypted with master keys that are protected in the Azure Key Vault.
- OneDrive also offers TLS encryption protection during data transfer.
- Accounts are protected with Two-step verification.
- Malware protection and scan with Windows Defender every hour.
Who Wins The Best Cloud Storage Battle?
We have comprehensively compared both the services in terms of plans, pricing, security, and range of features. Although both the cloud storages perform efficiently and both of them have their pros and cons, but we can’t have two winners in a battle.
Dropbox comes out as an overall better cloud storage service with exceptional pricing, integration, download and upload speed, and most importantly – outstanding security.
However, OneDrive has the potential to outdo Dropbox only with a few improvements. Offering more free storage space on subscription than Dropbox may help them achieve a bigger subscriber number. However, in the long run, the subscribers demand enhanced features and seamless security. For now, Dropbox is hands down the best cloud storage service.
Kylo is a tech geek who loves technology and spends time writing about it. He is also an avid gamer, completing his studies in Information technology. He is a co-founder of Reviewsed.
To cancel your Dropbox subscription:
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top-right corner.
- Click Settings.
- Click Plan.
- Click Cancel plan at the bottom of the page.
- If you don’t see Cancel plan, you may have purchased Dropbox on your mobile device. If so, you’ll need to cancel your plan from the app store on your device.
- Select a reason for canceling.
- Click Continue canceling. You’ll receive an email confirmation that your subscription has been canceled.
Check that your downgrade has been processed
If you downgrade at dropbox.com, you’ll receive an email confirmation with the subject line 'Dropbox Plan will not renew' from [email protected]
How To Cancel Dropbox Trial
If you downgrade through your mobile app store, you may receive an email from that provider. If you don’t, we recommend contacting their support team.
To confirm your downgrade on dropbox.com, go to the Billing tab in your account settings and click Change next to Billing period. You should see a notification titled 'Plan downgrade scheduled.'
What to know about downgrading
When you cancel a paid Dropbox plan, the change may not be immediately reflected on your Dropbox account. You’ll be downgraded to Basic at the end of your current billing cycle (monthly or yearly) and you won’t be charged again.
When you downgrade to a Basic account, you won’t lose access to any of your files and folders stored in Dropbox. However, you’ll be limited to 2 GB of storage space. If you exceed the storage quota of your Basic account, Dropbox will stop syncing files to your devices.
Solve issues with downgrading
What to know first
- Deleting the Dropbox app from your computer or phone doesn’t cancel your Dropbox plan or delete your Dropbox account.
- Letting the credit card you were using to pay for Dropbox expire doesn’t cancel your Dropbox plan or necessarily stop you from getting charged. Your bank could have automatically transferred payments to your new card. We recommend contacting your bank.
Check your billing dates
You can view your past and future billing dates on the billing page of your account settings at dropbox.com/account/billing.
Find your Dropbox account email
If you have a Dropbox charge on your billing statement, but you don’t remember which email account you signed up with, you can look the charge up using this transaction ID tool.
Check your current Dropbox plan
How To Cancel Dropbox Trial Account
If you’re not sure what type of account you have right now, sign in to Dropbox and go to https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan.
Dropbox Trial Personal
Refunds and support
Free Trial Dropbox Plus
If you have an issue with your account or think there’s been a billing error, please check your support options for more help.
How To Use Dropbox Tutorial
Learn more about refunds or how to request a refund from iTunes.