Dropbox is an amazingly useful combination of a Web service and a Mac OS X program that work together to make your data accessible from anywhere and to keep it synchronized between your computers.
Why Need to Transfer Files from Dropbox to Computer?
- Dropbox is an online file storage solution that lets you securely upload and manage your files and folders. After uploading, you can send the URLs of files to your friends. Dropbox also gives you secure access to your files for yourself as well as your friends, family, and coworkers for online collaboration.
- This program is a cloud-based storage solution. Dropbox calls itself the world’s first smart workplace. It is a tool to store, manage, and share your files through the cloud. As paper correspondence becomes obsolete, the need for reliable cloud storage grows bigger by the day.
- Downloading Dropbox. Your Dropbox download should automatically start within seconds. Once the download finishes, click Run to start installing Dropbox.
- Dropbox is a top-rated file sharing platform, with a free version. However, it might not meet everyone’s diverse needs. Check out these free Dropbox alternatives. Gone are the days when businesses relied on hard drives to store files and users had to plug in a thumb drive to move files from the office laptop to the home computer.
Usually, you need to put your all kinds of files like work documents, family photos/pictures,favorite videos, etc. on cloud drives (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and so on) when you donot have enough local storage to save them. However, sometimes, you also want to move youronline files back to local devices such as computer, PC, ipad, phone, tablet, notebook, laptop,etc. for the following reasons:
- You plan to move certain files from Dropbox to another cloud and take local as transit.
- You are going to switch from Dropbox to other cloud drives, like Dropbox to OneDrive.
- You have to do some work on the docs shared by your colleagues to your Dropbox.
- You want to transfer some movies from Dropbox to local to watch on your trip in case thereis no Wi-Fi connection.
- You want to have a local copy of very important files for double insurance.
But there comes a question on how to save files from Dropbox to computer? You will findthree solutions from following parts.
How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to Computer?
As you may know, you can directly transfer pictures from Dropbox to computer and you can alsotransfer photos from dropbox to computer making use of sync feature of Dropbox desktop app.
Way 1. How Do I Transfer Files from Dropbox to My Computer by Directly Downloading?
1. Go to https://www.dropbox.com and sign in with your Dropboxaccount.
2. Find the file you want to transfer to PC, click on More (three dots) on the right ofthe file column and choose Download.
3. Wait for it finishes. The time it takes to finish the downloading depends on how large thefile is and how fast your network is. Finally, you can find the file on your local computer.
- If you have set a default location to save downloaded files from web, you can find thefile you download there; if not, you may be asked to decide where to store thedownloading file.
- You can only download one file or one folder for one time. If you have many differentkinds of files to be downloaded, you can create a temporary folder and put all targetitems in. Then, you just need to select Download for the temporary folder.
- Folder downloaded from Dropbox to PC is a compressed file. To view its contents, youneed to firstly decompress it.
Way 2. How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to PC Using Dropbox App?
If you have already installed Dropbox desktop application and set to sync target files from cloudto local, you can find what you want in Dropbox folder on your computer directly. If not, youhave to first of all download it from its official webpage,install it on your computer and sign in your account to open it.
Then, click on its icon on the right of the taskbar. A window will pop up; click Settings(gear icon) on its top right and choose Preferences.
In Dropbox Preferences window, go to Sync tab. Click Selective Sync button to find thefiles you want to transfer to your computer.
- If you have been using Dropbox app but have not synced the target files before, you canselect them to sync now.
- If you do not want these files to keep synced to local in the future, you can unselectthem when they finish.
Way 3. How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to Computer on MultCloud Platform?
Except for methods above, you can also transfer photos from Dropbox to PC on a platformprovided by a FREE third party cloud storage manager, MultCloud.
Why Need to Rely on MultCloud?
- In case you cannot enter Dropbox webpage for some reasons.
- Dropbox desktop APP selective sync feature is unable to connect.
- If you download files to PC just for transit and you will then upload them to another cloud, youcan directly transfer these files from Dropbox to target cloud through MultCloud withoutdownloading and uploading.
How to Make Use of MultCloud?
To make use of MultCloud, first of all, you need to createan account of it. Then, sign in your account to its platform.
Next, add your Dropbox to its platform. On its Add Clouds tab, in the list of common clouddrives, select Dropbox. Then, just follow the guidance to finish adding Dropbox.
After successfully adding Dropbox, go to Cloud Explorer and choose Dropbox in the leftmenu. Then, you can do what you can just like in Dropbox webpage including download/uploadfiles, create new folder, delete an item, rename a file/folder, copy/copy to or cut (move),share a photo/picture, etc.
Tip: MultCloud only allows you to download single file. You can’t download singlefolder with it.
If you want to migrate files from Dropbox to another cloud drive, you can directly transfer themfrom Dropbox to destination without first moving them to computer on MultCloud platform using'Cloud Transfer' utility. Here take migrating from Dropbox toGoogle Drive as an example.
Dropbox Software For Windows
- If you do not want to transfer whole Dropbox to Google Drive, you can select folders youwant to migrate as the source while creating the task. Besides, MultCloud supportsselecting multiple folders as the source.
- As long as the task starts, you can close the page and even shut down your PCbecause MultCloud can process your task at the background.
It is not difficult to see that your problem about how to transfer files from Dropbox to computeris getting resolved easily following any way above mentioned. You could select one way thatsuits you most to perform the operation. If you prefer to use the third way with MultCloud, Youcan make full use of its 'Cloud Explorer', 'Cloud Transfer' and 'Cloud Sync'. To learn moreabout how they work, click the product page to get the information.
Tip: If you are a big fan of Dropbox and you want to use Dropbox better, here are top 12 tools to improve yourDropbox experience.