- Dropbox has a feature by which you can directly send files without the recipient needing a Dropbox account. It is the Dropbox Transfer feature. While the free version allows files up to 100 MB, you can send files up to 100 GB with the premium plan.
- With Dropbox, you can send large file types to anyone on any device. When sharing with another Dropbox user, create a shared link. With Dropbox Transfer, you can send files up to 100 GB (or 250 GB with the Creative Tools Add- O n) without taking up space in your Dropbox.
Sending Photos from Lightroom to Dropbox. The easiest way to send photos from Lightroom to Dropbox is simply to export your photos to your Dropbox folder on your computer. Assuming you’re running the Dropbox service on your Mac or PC, the files will then get uploaded automatically.
How to create a file request
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click File requests in the left sidebar.
- Click New request on the right-hand side.
- Under Title, enter a name for your request.
- Under Description, add details about the request, if you like.
- Under Folder for uploaded files, you'll see the path to a new folder for your requested files. If you'd like to change the destination, click Change folder.
- Click the check box next to Set deadline to choose a date and time. You can also Allow late uploads and choose a timeframe (available only to Dropbox Professional and Business customers).
- Click Create.
- Type the email, name, or group of the person (or people) you’d like to request files from. They’ll receive an email about your request.
- To copy a link instead, click Copy next to Share a link instead. You can paste the link into an email, message, or wherever you’d like people to access it.
- Click Share. You’ll receive an email confirmation, and an email notification when files are uploaded to your file request.
Note: By default, the destination folder for uploaded files is private. You can share the uploaded files by selecting a shared folder when you create the request, or by sharing the files or folder after files have been uploaded.