Promotion terms and eligibility
Buy more storage space If you need more space in your Dropbox account, you can upgrade to a plan that best meets your needs. See the storage de Check available storage space The fastest way to check how much storage space you have left in your Dropbox is in the Account section of the Dropbox w. With Dropbox Smart Sync, you can access any file in your Dropbox from your desktop. It’s just like storing your files locally—only they don’t use up any of your disk space. Keeping all your files saved in Dropbox means they’re always one click away. You can access them from any device with internet connection, and share in an instant.
For how long is the promotional space valid?
The 25 GB of promotional space is valid for one year. After the one-year promotional period ends, the 2 GB of Dropbox Basic account space remains.
If I purchased multiple promotion-eligible devices, can I redeem the same offer multiple times?
No, you can only redeem this promotion once per Dropbox account.
Can I claim the promotional space with my existing Dropbox account?
No, only new users who sign up for Dropbox on their eligible devices can redeem the promotion.
Can I transfer my promotional space to another Dropbox account?
No, the promotional space is not transferrable after it has been redeemed.
Can I redeem promotion on a refurbished or used device?
No, the promotional space is only available to the original buyer of the eligible device.
Why am I not eligible for promotional space?
- You're not a new Dropbox user.
- You're trying to redeem the purchase for a second time.
- Your device did not come pre-loaded with Dropbox.
- You bought your device pre-owned or refurbished.
- Your device is not eligible due to country or retailer exclusions.
Redeeming the promotion
How do I redeem this promotion?
- Click Dropbox 25 GB in your Start menu.
- Create a Dropbox account. Once you've completed this step, Dropbox automatically installs and links to your computer.
- Complete five of the seven Get started steps.
I'm unable to redeem the promotional space on an eligible device—why?
If you're unable to redeem your promotional space on your eligible device, verify the following:
- Did you complete at least five of the seven steps from the Get started steps?
- Did you sign up for Dropbox using the installer pre-loaded on your computer? To be eligible, sign up for a new Dropbox account by clicking Dropbox 25 GB in the Start menu of your eligible device.
- Do you already have a Dropbox account? Only new Dropbox users can redeem the promotion.
- Have you redeemed another Dropbox-device promotion? If so, you are not eligible to redeem the promotion. You can only redeem the same type of promotional deal once.
How do I check to see if I’ve redeemed the promotion?
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click your avatar.
- Click Settings.
- Click Plan.
- Under Earn more space, look for this promotion.
When the promotion ends
How do I check to see when my promotional space expires?
- Sign in to dropbox.com.
- Click your avatar.
- Click Settings.
- Click Plan.
- Under Earn more space, you can see this promotion and the expiration date.
What happens when my promotional space expires?
When your promotional space expires, your Dropbox space quota returns to what it was before. For example, if you have a Dropbox Basic account, your limit returns to 2 GB (along with any space you earned by referring people to Dropbox or through other promotions).
If you're over your space quota after the promotional space expires, you'll no longer be able to save new files to Dropbox. To add space to your account, consider upgrading to Dropbox Plus.
Terms of the Dropbox 25 GB space promotion
OneDrive vs Dropbox – an on-going storage battle. It wouldn’t be incorrect to say that thousands of people compare the pros and cons of OneDrive and Dropbox in an attempt to find the best cloud storage.
Even after years of comparison, we have still not settled this debate, and users are left with no other choice but to switch between these two services back and forth.
Reviewsed has decided to settle the Dropbox vs OneDrive battle for once and for all. Both the cloud storage perform exceptionally well, but there can be only one winner in a battle! So, which cloud storage service deserves to be crowned the best cloud storage service?
OneDrive comes with Microsoft’s expertise and trust. This cloud storage was once known as SkyDrive. Although it is an excellent cloud storage service for all types of users, however, it was initially popular among corporate, users, industry, and business users.
Today, it is among the leading cloud storages that offer a massive range of features. Windows Phone and Windows 8 and 10 users swear by the brilliant user interface and the widespread integration with a vast majority of the most popular apps and other platforms.
You can easily access OneDrive
- Click the “odd” cloud-shaped icon on your device
- Log in with your Microsoft or OneDrive Account
- Select the backup details, including what and when to backup, and what not to save on the OneDrive.
- If you want to edit, delete, and share the files offline.
OneDrive: Pros and Cons
- Direct access from your desktop computer.
- No need to access the website to access cloud storage from your desktop.
- Satisfactory integration. OneDrive integrates with approx. 35% of the most popular apps and platforms.
- Compatible with most platforms, including Mac, iOS, Chromium, Windows, and Android.
- 5GB free storage on subscription.
- Allows ample file storage, including photos, videos, and documents’ storage.
- Allows social network (read-only) file share.
- Collaboration with Microsoft Office that allows enhanced MS office file storage and real-time file collaboration.
- Privacy is questionable. Some users have observed privacy breaches in the past.
- It is a popular platform; thus, its security can be compromised.
- Users have complained about file alteration during syncing and uploading procedure.
If you are new to cloud storage or you simply require easily accessible cloud storage, Dropbox can be an excellent option for you. Dropbox is specifically designed to allow the utmost ease of use to its users.
The broad range of features makes Storing, Sharing, Deleting, and Syncing files are exceptionally convenient. Dropbox has maintained its top position among the cloud storage service due to the regular feature updates and service enhancement. Two of the most prominent features of Dropbox is its highly trustable data security and its widespread app integration.
You can easily access Dropbox.
- Create a Dropbox account.
- Click on the profile picture or initials to access the notification panel.
- Edit your backup and storage preferences.
- You can also use Dropbox’s Windows tool to share and access your files and folders via Windows Explorer.
Does Dropbox Have Free Storage
Dropbox: Pros and Cons
- Excellent integration. Dropbox integrates with approx. 45% of the most popular apps and platforms.
- Remarkable easy-to-use user interface
- Collaboration tool allows the user to keep a check on the document alteration.
- Compatible with most platforms, including Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, and Kindle Fire.
- Automatic File upload and backup.
- Allows file editing without internet access.
- Easy deleted file recovery.
- 3 TB free storage for a month.
- Lack of tabs can make it difficult to locate old and deleted files.
- Only 2GB free storage at the time of subscription.
- Files may get deleted if the account is inactive.
Dropbox Basic Free
OneDrive vs Dropbox – Pricing
Dropbox also offers an Enterprise package that allows the buyer/organization to plan and design their Dropbox package according to the specific needs of their enterprise.
Dropbox 50gb Free For Life
Both OneDrive and Dropbox has improved their packages and changed their prices throughout the years. If we make a price comparison between the two, OneDrive comes out as more expensive cloud storage as compared to Dropbox, especially when it comes to business plans.
OneDrive vs Dropbox – Features Comparison
OneDrive vs Dropbox – Security
It all comes down to security. With ever-increasing security breaches, the threat of misuse of your personal information, and the fear of your data being sold to advertising and database management companies have become a real issue.
Many cloud storage services are accused of “spying” on their users and selling not only their personal information but also information about their preferences to advertising companies.
Both OneDrive and Dropbox offer sufficient data security. Both when it comes to selecting the most secure cloud storage amongst the two, Dropbox most definitely takes the crown.
- Dropbox no.1 rated secure cloud storage.
- It is amongst the very few cloud storages that use block-level sync.
- All the files are encrypted using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
- To make the data transit more secure, Dropbox uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer)/TLS (Transport Layer Security) that is protected with a 128-bit or higher AES
- Dropbox login is protected with Two-step verification.
However, it wouldn’t be fair to stay that OneDrive compromises on its security.
- OneDrive also protects each file with a unique AES256 key that is encrypted with master keys that are protected in the Azure Key Vault.
- OneDrive also offers TLS encryption protection during data transfer.
- Accounts are protected with Two-step verification.
- Malware protection and scan with Windows Defender every hour.
Who Wins The Best Cloud Storage Battle?
We have comprehensively compared both the services in terms of plans, pricing, security, and range of features. Although both the cloud storages perform efficiently and both of them have their pros and cons, but we can’t have two winners in a battle.
Dropbox comes out as an overall better cloud storage service with exceptional pricing, integration, download and upload speed, and most importantly – outstanding security.
However, OneDrive has the potential to outdo Dropbox only with a few improvements. Offering more free storage space on subscription than Dropbox may help them achieve a bigger subscriber number. However, in the long run, the subscribers demand enhanced features and seamless security. For now, Dropbox is hands down the best cloud storage service.
Kylo is a tech geek who loves technology and spends time writing about it. He is also an avid gamer, completing his studies in Information technology. He is a co-founder of Reviewsed.