- Dropbox is one of the first and oldest services to offer cloud storage. Free storage space: 2 GB (get extra space for inviting friends and completing simple tasks) Free max file size: up to 50 GB; Dropbox has a reputation for providing a good user experience with its simple and modern design. It comes with the built-in Fast Sync feature.
- For example, if a Dropbox account has 2 GB of maximum storage, it won’t be able to sync sync more than that. Since every member of a shared folder can add/modify the files in it, the shared folder takes up space in each member's account.
- Dropbox is one of the most widely used cloud storage services online, and while the free version comes with only 2GB of storage, there are ways to increase that amount.
Delivering large files or collections of files to colleagues and clients is a challenge. While sharing through Dropbox is great for collaboration, sometimes you want to just hand off files without having to worry about permissions, ongoing access, and storage.
And then there’s email: handing off files is easy, but attachments have size limits, and it’s not clear when your recipient has viewed them. That’s why we’re so excited to introduce Dropbox Transfer, a quick, secure way to send large files to anyone.
I’m dealing with thousands of files that are two to four gigabytes. Dropbox Business has enabled us to push that data quickly, efficiently and reliably. And I’m honestly not quite sure how we did it before. Very rarely does somebody bring up a service other than Dropbox.
Easily deliver any file
Transfer offers the convenience of email, without the 25 MB limit on attachments. With Transfer, you can send up to 100 GB of files—five times what some other services allow—in just a few clicks. You’ll have the option to drag and drop files to upload from your computer, or skip the wait by adding items stored in Dropbox. Once you've created your transfer, you’ll get a link that can be pasted anywhere. You can send the link to anyone, even if they don’t have a Dropbox account, or send an automatically generated email right from Transfer. Recipients will receive copies of the files, so your originals will remain untouched.
Ensure your files get delivered
You’ll also be able to customize your transfers with tools to help you control access and encourage downloads. You can add, edit, or remove a password, or set—and change—an expiration date, even after you send the link. Plus, download notifications let you ensure your files have been received. You can even see how many times your link is accessed with viewership stats.
Make a strong impression
Transfer lets you create a custom download page for your business so you always look professional. You can change the background color and artwork, or upload your own image. And with the option to brand the page with your logo, it's like creating a custom file transfer solution without the added expense.
If you’ve recently purchased a Dell consumer computer or Android tablet, you may be eligible for an additional 100 GB of Dropbox storage space.
To redeem this promotion:
- Click or tap the Dropbox icon on your eligible device.
- Sign up for a Dropbox account by filling out the details on this page. If you already have a Dropbox account, click sign in.
- Follow the steps to redeem the space on your account.
Learn what happens after your storage space promotion expires.
Frequently asked questions
How long is the promotion valid for, and can I get the promotion on my existing Dropbox account?
The answer to these questions is dependent on when you purchased your Dell device. See the table below for more information.
Existing or new user?
|Purchased before February 1, 2020||20 GB||12 months||New Dropbox users only|
|Purchased on or after February 1, 2020||30 GB||12 months||New or existing Dropbox users|
|Purchased on or after September 1, 2020||100 GB||12 months||New or existing Dropbox users|
Dropbox Gb Limit
If I purchased multiple promotion-eligible devices, can I redeem the same offer multiple times?
No. Each Dropbox account can only redeem this promotion once.
Can I transfer my promotional space to another Dropbox account?
No. The promotional space is not transferable once it has been redeemed.
Can I get the promotion on a refurbished or used device?
No. The promotional space is only available to the original buyer of the eligible device.
Why am I not eligible to redeem the promotional space?
There may be a variety of reasons you're not eligible to redeem the promotional space:
- You're only eligible to redeem the same type of promotional deal once. For example, you can't redeem the Dell promotion more than once, even if you buy multiple eligible Dell devices
- The Dropbox app was not pre-loaded on your device.
- You bought your device pre-owned or refurbished, and the previous owner redeemed the promotion associated with the device. Each device can only earn promotional space once.
- Some Dell promotions may only apply to new Dropbox users.
Terms of the Dropbox one year promotion for Dell devices