Nov 24, 2016 There’s actually two approaches to this. The first is to maximize the free space that Dropbox gives you for performing certain tasks. The second is to flat-out delete files that are using too much space in your Dropbox. I’ll be exploring both of these with you. Complete the Dropbox ‘Get Started’ guide. You could earn upto 250 MB additional space by doing. Refer friends and family – up to 32GB. One easy way to quickly add a bit more capacity to your. The WinDirStat video:WinDirStat here:'Get Space' page: (make sure you log. The Dropbox Get Started Tour is a brief overview of how the service works, what you can do, where to go and generally how to use it. While you will likely know most of it anyway, it only takes a couple minutes and rewards you with an extra 250MB of space.
Dropbox is a cloud platform which provides a range of services, such as file sharing, file synchronization, personal cloud, Office 365 integration, file encryption, user management, domain verification, SSO (Single Sign-on) integration and even enterprise level support depending on the package.
But the caveat here is that these extra features are only available in the paid subscription plans. Even though the free subscription package is quite sufficient for a basic user, users must always guard against any duplicates that might well be sitting pretty in the cloud storage and wasting up precious space for no good.
Clone Files Checker for Windows and Mac is a verified software
Compatible with Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8/ 7 and Mac OS 10.10 onwards
By clicking to download, you agree to these Terms
See Windows FeaturesMac Features
The main attraction point of Dropbox is it’s simple yet elegant interface that offers cross-platform support. This means that users can use Dropbox with any modern device that is capable of running the client side Dropbox software. Even though Dropbox offers a lot of perks, lack of space often destroys the fun, especially when it comes to storing/ sharing large files or a large number of files. This article demonstrates how users can add up more space to their free package.
Solution 1: Try Dropbox Business for 30 Days
As a temporary measure, the free-basic account can be upgraded for free of cost to the Business package that lasts for 30 days. It gives virtually unlimited space in the default Advanced plan along with phone support. This is quite ideal for those users who want to try the features on a trial basis before subscribing to a paid package, and also for freebies who merely want to use the free space for a limited time.
- Login to your Dropbox account.
- Now navigate to https://www.dropbox.com/business/try#0 and upgrade your account to Dropbox Business. Even though a price is quoted on that page, you won’t be charged for 30 days. Make sure to downgrade to the basic package with this link before the 30 days period has expired.
- Click on the Continue button and go through all 3 steps to complete the upgrade process.
Solution 2: Refer Friends and Family
As with so many products and services, Dropbox rewards their users for referring their service to other people through a special URL, known as the referral URL. Dropbox provides a designated option from which users can send invites to other people via email. Alternatively, users can get a free link and share it on their blog, Facebook or countless other places over the Internet. Once someone clicks on the link, signs up for Dropbox and installs the Dropbox client, both the users will receive 500MB space for free. This can be done with multiple people until the cumulative bonus space earned reaches 16GB. The neat fact here is, this bonus earning even exceeds the free allocated space of Google Drive (15GB).
- Navigate to this URL: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals
- Type the email address of the person whom you want to invite to Dropbox.
- Click the Send button to send the email.
- Alternatively, the following buttons can be used to share the referral URL with your contacts or the public. Click Copy Link to copy the link and from then onwards there are endless areas to share the link.
Solution 3: Follow Dropbox on Twitter
Twitter is a social network that provides a platform for posting messages in brief, and thus is suitable for announcements or short notices. It is extremely popular among business concerns, public figures, and even ordinary users nowadays due to the opportunities it presents. Dropbox gives away an additional 125MB of space if a user follows their account on Twitter. In order to let Dropbox verify that you’re following their Twitter handle (or account), you will have to provide the Dropbox app with privileges to access your Twitter account. This is a completely safe process and only acts as a confirmation to help Dropbox determine if you’ve actually followed their Twitter account.
- Navigate to the following web page: https://www.dropbox.com/getspace
- Click on Follow Dropbox on Twitter.
- Clicking on this option will open up a new window where Twitter will ask for permission to allow Dropbox to access your Twitter account. Simply click Authorize app to give your consent.
- If you want to revoke this permission in the future, navigate to the following URL: https://twitter.com/settings/applications
- Simply click on Revoke access and the granted privileges will be withdrawn instantly.
Solution 4: Submit Feedback to Dropbox
Dropbox encourages their customers to submit feedback to them through their website in order to find out in which area the platform needs more improvement. This trend is popularly employed by many tech companies nowadays to receive user feedback on their service. Improving service is not only beneficial to the customers but to the company itself due to the subsequent increase in sales, it brings along. Use the following method to add an additional 125MB to the existing basic package.
- Navigate to the following web URL: https://www.dropbox.com/getspace
- Now click Tell us why you love Dropbox.
- Clicking the link opens up a popup box. Type any reason why you love Dropbox, and click Send to Dropbox once you’re done. This results in the addition of a 125 MB storage space to your account for free.
Are you in need of extra Dropbox storage and along with that are you looking to buy a laptop for your work anytime soon?
If yes, then you are lucky to land on this post. Dell partnered with Dropbox to provide them with an extra 20GB of space on Dropbox to store their important stuff on the cloud.
The Dropbox offers an extra 20GB for those who have bought the eligible Dell devices either their Laptops or Tablets.
Don’t want to do it yourself ? Buy Dropbox Referrals for $10
The Dell also have their brand name Alienware which is also Dell, so if you happen to be a gamer looking for an Alien Ware laptop then you’re still eligible to get an extra 20GB of storage from the Dropbox.
Dell is one of the leading multinational American computer technology company which develops, repairs, and sells computers and the related products and services. They have a wide variety of computers ranging from Laptops, 2-in-1 PCs, and Desktop computers.
They also acquired the manufacturer of high-end gaming PCs and Laptops, Alienware in 2006. Therefore, the Alienware PC and Laptop are also made by Dell.
Why & Who Dell Is Providing With Free Dropbox Space?
As said in the Dropbox Blog, the customers of Dropbox highly appreciates the simplicity of the Dropbox and how it allows the customers to get the best out of Dropbox as it integrates with devices, services, and apps.
Therefore, Dropbox came to the conclusion of providing the free Dropbox space to Dell customers buying the consumer computers.
They went ahead and announced a strategic partnership with Dell and this partnership will give business several ways for employees to work together in a better way.
Dell now offers Dropbox For Business to its customers to help employees access company information from wherever they are.
Don’t want to do it yourself ? Buy Dropbox Referrals for $10
“Dropbox is one of the most innovative and fastest-growing companies, and the most popular solution of its kind. Together, Dropbox and Dell can help organizations embrace the consumerization of IT in the corporate environment while protecting company data” said Brett Hensen, Dell’s executive director on the Dropbox Blog.
Dell devices now come preinstalled with Dropbox and all you have to do is activate and get your 20GB extra space on Dropbox for free.
I’ve Dell, Am I eligible for an extra 20GB of Storage?
The eligibility solely depends on the purchase date of your Dell Laptop or computer.
If you purchased your Dell device before February 1, 2020, then this promotional offer provides you with an extra 20GB of storage for 12 months.
Dropbox Extra Space Free
However, you cannot prevail this promotional offer from your existing Dropbox account and you have to create a new account and get that extra 20GB for free.
However, If you purchased your Dell device on or after February 1, 2020, then you’re eligible for an extra 30gb of storage for 12 months. The best part is that you can even club this offer with your existing Dropbox account and get the free 30GB storage easily.
Why Am I Not Eligible For An Extra 20GB/30GB of Storage Offered By Dell?
According to Dropbox, there are many reasons why you are not eligible for the Dropbox promotional space offered by Dell.
Here are the top reasons why you’re not eligible for this offer,
Free Up Space In Dropbox
- The Dropbox wasn’t preinstalled on your Dell Device at the time of your purchase.
- You have either bought the Dell device refurbished or pre-owned, therefore, the offer is already redeemed by the previous owner.
- Some Dell Devices offer this promotion for only new Dropbox users. Try your new Dropbox account.
- If you’re trying to redeem offer multiple times as you have more than one Dell device then it is not possible. Dell restricts one Dropbox account for each Dell device.
- The following promotion is not available in the following countries, China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, or the region of Crimea. If you live in one of those countries then you might not be eligible for this offer.
What Happens After It Expires?
Obviously after 12 months, the extra Dropbox space expires and you no longer have additional 20GB/30GB. You will be left with the 2GB of basic plan storage.
The files you uploaded on 20GB on storage will not be deleted, however, you might not be able to edit them and only can be viewed until you renew your plan or get extra storage for lifetime using our Dropbox Referal Hack.
How To Get The Dropbox 20GB Promotional Offer On Dell Laptop/PC?
For redeeming your promotional offer, you need to be one of them who purchased the Dell Consumer laptop or computer or an android tablet and you may be eligible for an extra 20GB of Dropbox storage for free upto 12 months.
To get the Dropbox 20GB or 30GB of Dropbox Storage with your Dell device, you will need to follow the steps below,
- All the eligible Dell devices will have Dropbox preinstalled out of the box and therefore, click on the Dropbox icon from desktop or programs.
- You will now have to sign up for a new account on Dropbox if you bought the Dell device before February 1, 2020. If you bought it on or after February 2020 then you can sign in with your existing Dropbox account and claim extra storage.
- Follow the steps given on the screen to claim the extra 20GB/30GB storage for your Dropbox account.
Dropbox Extra Space
This is how you get Dropbox Extra 20GB or 30GB of storage for free with your brand new Dell device. Dropbox offer this promotional space to everyone out there buying the new Dell devices.
The promotional space can be used to store lot of data and access it from anywhere at anytime.
However, this extra storage gets expire and is not for lifetime. There is still a method to get Dropbox Storage upto 18GB for lifetime with the Dropbox Referral Hack and it is worth it as it never expires and you get the additional storage for lifetime.