- Dropbox Basic Plan
- Install Dropbox On My Computer
- Dropbox Create Account
- Dropbox Basic Free Trial
- Dropbox Pricing
Here’s how to add Dropbox free space. 1) Refer friends and family – up to 32GB One easy way to quickly add a bit more capacity to your Dropbox account is to get your mates involved. Learn the core functions of Dropbox Basic, Professional, and Plus in this individual user Dropbox quick start guide. From collaborating with Dropbox Paper to sharing files with restrictions, start here to get the most out of Dropbox.
Cancel Dropbox Business
- Sign in to dropbox.com with your admin account.
- Click Admin console in the left sidebar.
- Click Billing from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down and click Cancel plan.
- Click the reason you’re canceling.
- Click Continue with cancellation.
- Under Please acknowledge the following, check all boxes.
- Click Complete cancellation.
You will be taken to a webpage titled You have successfully cancelled your Dropbox Business account.
Dropbox Basic Plan
Check that your cancellation has been processed
To confirm your Dropbox Business cancellation, go to the billing page of the admin console at https://www.dropbox.com/team/admin/billing. There will be a notification box at the top that says You are scheduled to cancel Dropbox Business on [date].
What to know about canceling
Install Dropbox On My Computer
When you cancel Dropbox Business, your plan change doesn’t immediately reflect on your Dropbox Business team or account. You finish using any amount of time with Dropbox Business that you’ve already paid for. At the end of your billing cycle, you’ll be downgraded to Basic and you won’t be charged again.
When you cancel Dropbox Business, your team is placed into a locked state at the end of your subscription, which allows the team to continue access to the team files, but removes most team syncing and sharing features. You can disband your team to remove all team access.
Solve issues with canceling
What to know first
Dropbox Create Account
- Deleting the Dropbox app from your computer or phone doesn’t cancel your Dropbox plan or delete your Dropbox account.
- Letting the credit card you were using to pay for Dropbox expire doesn’t cancel your Dropbox plan or necessarily stop you from getting charged. Your bank could have automatically transfered payments to your new card. We recommend contacting your bank.
Find your Dropbox account email
If you have a Dropbox charge on your billing statement, but you don’t remember which email account you signed up with, you can look it up using this transaction ID tool.
Dropbox Basic Free Trial
Find your current Dropbox plan
If you’re not sure what type of account you have right now, sign in to Dropbox and go to https://www.dropbox.com/account/plan, or follow these instructions.
Sign in to your admin account and visit dropbox.com/support to find out how to contact phone support. Phone support is only available to Dropbox Business users during local business hours.