At any size or stage, customer acquisition is a top priority for businesses. With a myriad of ways to find and convert potential customers, establishing the most efficient and effective marketing method is vital to success.
- Print Every Door Direct Mail® postcards you can send out to a specific demographic. Comes in 5 approved USPS sizes for EDDM®. Choose between durable 14 pt. Download layout templates or create a design online. Comes in bundles of 100 if needed.
- With Every Door Direct Mail — BMEU®(Business Mail Entry Unit), you can drop off your mailings at a Business Mail Entry Unit where the permit is held for processing if you’ve satisfied the following criteria:. You must have or must obtain an active USPS Marketing Mail™permit number to process an order.
For businesses trying to reach a specific audience, especially one in their proximity, Every Door Direct Mail® (EDDM®) may be the answer.
Door To Door Usps
Today, the United States Postal Service has a gift for the small business owner. It's called 'Every Door Direct Mail!' With an EDDM campaign, the Post Office has made it easy and more affordable for you to reach potential customers.
What is EDDM?
This service from USPS® lets businesses send geographically and demographically targeted direct mail to households across the U.S.
Using an online mapping tool, businesses may choose postal routes within specific ZIP Codes™ and leverage U.S. Census data on age, household income and household size to hyper-target their audience. Any household on the route that fits the targeted profile will receive the mailpiece.
The process eliminates the need for a customer list, whether compiled or purchased, which saves businesses from extra costs and potential inaccuracies. Plus, it opens up a business’s reach: Any household that fits the filters comes into reach with EDDM.
EDDM is built for businesses with a local pool of prospective customers and is especially effective for businesses working to:
- Acquire new customers, especially within a specific local area
- Build awareness for a location
- Drive traffic to a location, on foot or online
- Spend efficiently on marketing
Direct mail is a simple way to reach high-potential customers in a way that works.
of survey respondents said that they almost always read advertisements that come in the mail.
response rates, compared to the 1% or less response rate for email, paid search, online display ads and social media.
Explore how the EDDM tool works, then read on for benefits and best practices of using this direct mail service.
The Benefit to Businesses
EDDM helps businesses drive awareness and traffic within their community to build a strong network of local customers.
It is a method that works for new and established local businesses. While new businesses can use EDDM to introduce themselves and share their story with the community, established businesses can expand to other populations or spread the word about new offerings.
For any business, EDDM may deliver a valuable boost in key areas:
For an existing business looking to attract more customers and drum up sales, or a new business in search of an early audience, it pays to spread the message locally. Here are two successful case studies:
- A car wash franchise with eight locations in Virginia used EDDM to find new customers and encourage them to visit the nearest location. The campaign produced a 20 percent increase in sales.
- A remodeled fast-food location in Colorado saw a 7 percent increase in sales after using EDDM in conjunction with digital advertising.
Sending targeted messages to potential customers in your community may help solidify your market share.
Rather than investing in a mailing list that may be expensive and out of date, EDDM allows businesses to affordably connect with consumers in an area using> Key Takeaway
Every Door Direct Mail provides businesses with a cost-efficient way to spread targeted messages to potential customers in focus areas. In leveraging ZIP Codes™ and U.S. Census data, businesses gain access to a precise, hyper-targeted audience without having to compile, update or buy mailing lists.
Door To Door Direct Mail
Not only does this service help marketers avoid the extra costs and potential inaccuracies of old data, but an EDDM campaign done right may drive an increase in sales, a boost in awareness and a powerful ROI.
Ready to get started on an EDDM campaign?
Usps Door To Door Direct Mail
Need more information before diving in?
How To Do Every Door Direct Mail
- Richard Carufel, “Direct mail still works in 2019—how it fits in with integrated marketing,” Agility PR, Jan. 4, 2019. arrow_right_alt
- DMA Response Rate Report, 2018. arrow_right_alt