GPU works on displaying the screen content and locates on the graphics card/motherboard/CPU inside your computer. It can overheat easily when you are playing games or running programs which occupy a lot of GPU. To keep GPU healthy, it’s necessary to monitor the GPU temperature usually and you can check the GPU temperature of your Windows 10 PC with the 2 useful ways below.
- AMD System Monitor Description:AMD System Monitor is a Processor (CPU), Graphic card (GPU) & Memory utilization tool that illustrates the different workloads of the CPU and GPU. With the release of AMD’s new Accelerated Processing Units (APUs), this utility was designed to show the x86 and GPU make up of these new class of processors, and to depict the workload balance between GPU versus.
- The temperature is the second value, in this case 60 degree Celsius. If you have two GPUs, then select direct control and you'll be able to switch between GPU 0 and GPU 1 to read the temps. From CPUID.com you can get their HW monitor, or even GPU-Z; both work very well.
- How to Check GPU Temperature on Windows 10? In this tutorial, I show you how to monitor your graphics card temp on a Windows 10 computer without any addition.
- Core Temp is a lightweight, easy-to-use temperature monitor for Windows computers.
Note: Generally, the GPU temperature can be detected when the GPU is present on the dedicated graphics card.
GIGABYTE System Information Viewer is a central location that gives you access to your current system status. Monitor components such as the clocks and processor, set your fan preferred speed profile, create alerts when temperature gets too high or record your system’s behavior; these are the possibilities of the System Information View.
1. Check GPU Temperature in Windows 10 via Task Manager
Starting with Windows 10 Build 18963, the GPU temperature option is added to Task Manager. To view this option, your computer needs to meet the following conditions.
- There is a dedicated GPU card in your Windows 10 pc.
- The GPU card driver supports version 2.4 (or higher) of WDDM. You can check the WDDM version by searching dxdiag in the Start menu and enter it > switch to the Display tab > view the WDDM model in the right pane.
If your computer fulfills the requirements above, just follow the operations to try the new feature.
Step 1: Type Task Manager in the start menu and run it as an admin.
Step 2: Click More details in the lower-left corner.
Step 3: Switch to the Performance section.
Step 4: In the left pane, select GPU and then you can see the GPU temperature.
2. Check GPU Temperature in Windows 10 with Tool
Temp Check Cpu And Gpu
If you can’t test the GPU temperature of your Windows 10 pc with the way above, don’t be sad, you can still check the GPU temperature with a tool. As some manufacturers of graphics cards would develop specialized tools for users to monitor their graphics cards like Radeon Overlay for the AMD Radeon graphics card, you can check whether there is a customized tool for your GPU card.
Or you can search the third-party tool for checking/testing GPU temperature in the Internet and find the suitable one to monitor the GPU temperature of your Windows 10 pc.
- How to monitor CPU and GPU temperature
by Bill White 3 years ago
How to monitor CPU and GPU temperature
In one of our previous articles, we told you how to overclock your hardware. However, pushing your hardware components to a better performance and speed might also increase your computer temperature and even damage your PC parts in the process. This is why it's important to use a hardware monitoring utility to keep track of the performance of your system and check the current CPU and GPU temperatures, fan speeds, etc.
A default solution, but a rather tiresome one, is using the BIOS. Users with Windows 7 or Windows 10 PCs need to restart their computers, hit the F2 key, head to Hardware Monitor window, and access the information they need, such as system temperature. Personally, I prefer using a third-party program to find the aforementioned hardware details, without restarting my PC every time I notice my computer isn't running at its full potential. Applications like Open Hardware Monitor, SpeedFan, and HWMonitor are some of the best GPU and CPU heat monitoring tools for Windows. They all are feature-rich, simple to handle, and provide you with accurate data.
You will need to download one the following software to follow along with this tutorial.
Check CPU and GPU temperature
You can use any of the aforementioned programs to check the GPU and processor temperature on your Windows PC. These applications let you see the CPU temperature details, the current fan speeds, information about RAM usage, etc. Here I will show you how to check CPU and GPU temperatures with Open Hardware Monitor, an effective system monitoring utility that is open source and easy-to-use.
Launch Open Hardware Monitor on your PC.
Check the real-time GPU and CPU temperature info on the main window of the app.
Open Hardware Monitor
Optional: The application provides you with a quick solution for sharing the fetched information with a member of a computer service team. You can export the offered report as a TXT file.
How Can I Check My Gpu Temp
Test your hardware temperature under load
Cpu Gpu Temps Software
How hot should a graphics card be? What are the values of a safe operating temperature for CPU? One way to find out the answers to these questions is to stress-test your hardware components. Programs like HeavyLoad enable you to test PC resources like CPU, GPU or hard disk to find out if your computer will run reliably under heavy load. Here's how to use the aforementioned app to test your hardware temperature under load:
Launch the utility on your PC.
Go to the main menu of the app and access the Test Options panel. Select the 'Stress CPU' and 'Stress GPU' options.
Selecting Stress Options In HeavyLoad
Cpu Gpu Temp Check
Click the button that's under the File panel to start the stress test.
Software to reduce hardware temperature
Pushing your laptop or desktop PC to its limits will most likely increase the hardware temperature. One way to stop a computer from overheating or to reduce your laptop temperature is by using a fan control software, like SpeedFan. Besides helping you adjust the speed of your fans to reduce noise, this PC cooling utility also enables you to monitor the performance of your system. The application provides you with S.M.A.R.T. info, displays hard disk temperatures, etc.
Here's what you need to do in order to cool down a laptop with SpeedFan:
Launch the app on your PC.
Make the necessary modifications in the Configure window of the app and click the 'OK' button to apply the new changes.
SpeedFan Configure Window
As you can see, it's very simple to monitor CPU and GPU temperatures on your Windows PC. However, taking the matter into your own hands to reduce the obtained temperature values is quite risky, especially if you're a beginner. So, pay extra attention if you decide to configure your hardware settings without requesting assistance from a specialized PC service worker.
- CPU ThermometerCPU Thermometer is onefree CPU temperaturemonitor; it can helpyou monitor...FREE DOWNLOAD
- GPU TempGPU Temp is a free GPUtemperature monitorthat can display GPUcore...FREE DOWNLOAD
- HWMonitorHWMonitor is ahardware monitoringprogram that reads PCsystems' mainhealth...FREE DOWNLOAD
- HeavyLoadHeavyload is intendedto stress allresources of a PC (theCPU, RAM, harddisk,...FREE DOWNLOAD
- SpeedFanSpeedFan is a programthat monitorsvoltages, fan speedsand temperatures in...FREE DOWNLOAD
how to articles