- Sign in to dropbox.com, and find the file you’d like to share. Hover over the file, and click the Share button that appears. Enter the email addresses of the people you want to invite, and click Send. Or, you can copy the link and paste it into an email, chat, or whatever you’re using to communicate.
- On a Mac, type shift+command+4 to screen capture any portion of your screen.Dropbox will then automatically add the screen capture to your dropbox, and copy the Public Link to your clipboard.
Get Native/Permanent Link for Dropbox Files. It’s very easy to get a native or permanent link for Dropbox files. Just follow the two simple steps: Step 1. Get Dropbox File Shareable Link. Open the Dropbox and find the file you want to share. Now click on the file or click on the dots (.) available right side of the file name to get a.
Why Need to Transfer Files from Dropbox to Computer?
Usually, you need to put your all kinds of files like work documents, family photos/pictures,favorite videos, etc. on cloud drives (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and so on) when you donot have enough local storage to save them. However, sometimes, you also want to move youronline files back to local devices such as computer, PC, ipad, phone, tablet, notebook, laptop,etc. for the following reasons:
- You plan to move certain files from Dropbox to another cloud and take local as transit.
- You are going to switch from Dropbox to other cloud drives, like Dropbox to OneDrive.
- You have to do some work on the docs shared by your colleagues to your Dropbox.
- You want to transfer some movies from Dropbox to local to watch on your trip in case thereis no Wi-Fi connection.
- You want to have a local copy of very important files for double insurance.
But there comes a question on how to save files from Dropbox to computer? You will findthree solutions from following parts.
How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to Computer?
As you may know, you can directly transfer pictures from Dropbox to computer and you can alsotransfer photos from dropbox to computer making use of sync feature of Dropbox desktop app.
Way 1. How Do I Transfer Files from Dropbox to My Computer by Directly Downloading?
1. Go to https://www.dropbox.com and sign in with your Dropboxaccount.
2. Find the file you want to transfer to PC, click on More (three dots) on the right ofthe file column and choose Download.
3. Wait for it finishes. The time it takes to finish the downloading depends on how large thefile is and how fast your network is. Finally, you can find the file on your local computer.
- If you have set a default location to save downloaded files from web, you can find thefile you download there; if not, you may be asked to decide where to store thedownloading file.
- You can only download one file or one folder for one time. If you have many differentkinds of files to be downloaded, you can create a temporary folder and put all targetitems in. Then, you just need to select Download for the temporary folder.
- Folder downloaded from Dropbox to PC is a compressed file. To view its contents, youneed to firstly decompress it.
Way 2. How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to PC Using Dropbox App?
If you have already installed Dropbox desktop application and set to sync target files from cloudto local, you can find what you want in Dropbox folder on your computer directly. If not, youhave to first of all download it from its official webpage,install it on your computer and sign in your account to open it.
Then, click on its icon on the right of the taskbar. A window will pop up; click Settings(gear icon) on its top right and choose Preferences.
Copy Dropbox Link Shortcut
In Dropbox Preferences window, go to Sync tab. Click Selective Sync button to find thefiles you want to transfer to your computer.
- If you have been using Dropbox app but have not synced the target files before, you canselect them to sync now.
- If you do not want these files to keep synced to local in the future, you can unselectthem when they finish.
Way 3. How to Transfer Files from Dropbox to Computer on MultCloud Platform?
Except for methods above, you can also transfer photos from Dropbox to PC on a platformprovided by a FREE third party cloud storage manager, MultCloud.
Why Need to Rely on MultCloud?
- In case you cannot enter Dropbox webpage for some reasons.
- Dropbox desktop APP selective sync feature is unable to connect.
- If you download files to PC just for transit and you will then upload them to another cloud, youcan directly transfer these files from Dropbox to target cloud through MultCloud withoutdownloading and uploading.
How to Make Use of MultCloud?
To make use of MultCloud, first of all, you need to createan account of it. Then, sign in your account to its platform.
Next, add your Dropbox to its platform. On its Add Clouds tab, in the list of common clouddrives, select Dropbox. Then, just follow the guidance to finish adding Dropbox.
After successfully adding Dropbox, go to Cloud Explorer and choose Dropbox in the leftmenu. Then, you can do what you can just like in Dropbox webpage including download/uploadfiles, create new folder, delete an item, rename a file/folder, copy/copy to or cut (move),share a photo/picture, etc.
Tip: MultCloud only allows you to download single file. You can’t download singlefolder with it.
If you want to migrate files from Dropbox to another cloud drive, you can directly transfer themfrom Dropbox to destination without first moving them to computer on MultCloud platform using'Cloud Transfer' utility. Here take migrating from Dropbox toGoogle Drive as an example.
- If you do not want to transfer whole Dropbox to Google Drive, you can select folders youwant to migrate as the source while creating the task. Besides, MultCloud supportsselecting multiple folders as the source.
- As long as the task starts, you can close the page and even shut down your PCbecause MultCloud can process your task at the background.
It is not difficult to see that your problem about how to transfer files from Dropbox to computeris getting resolved easily following any way above mentioned. You could select one way thatsuits you most to perform the operation. If you prefer to use the third way with MultCloud, Youcan make full use of its 'Cloud Explorer', 'Cloud Transfer' and 'Cloud Sync'. To learn moreabout how they work, click the product page to get the information.
Tip: If you are a big fan of Dropbox and you want to use Dropbox better, here are top 12 tools to improve yourDropbox experience.
Nowadays, cloud storage tools including Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, MEGA, Flickr, etc arebecoming more and more popular to help users save files, documents, pictures, projects, etc. Toavoid data loss, we might need to select suitable cloud among these clouds to save importantfiles and data. Dropbox and OneDrive are both excellent cloud drives and many users have signedup more than one cloud to save data due to the unique features each cloud storage servicehas.
Why Move Files from Dropbox to OneDrive?
Dropbox is a file hosting service that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personalcloud, and client software. It offers 2 GB free storage space for free uses and users can gainmore free storage space by inviting people.
OneDrive, known as SkyDrive was made by Microsoft. This cloud storage is a good option for thosewho like to keep things simple. It has been integrated into Windows 8 and higher. Also, OneDrivecan be also installed on the cellphone. The most important one is it offers 5 GB of storage forfree to save data.
Since OneDrive has obvious advantages over Dropbox-like cheaper price and more free space, thereare many users seeking for ways to sync from Dropbox to OneDrivewith ease. In this article, we will show you how to copy files from Dropbox to OneDrive in twofree methods.
Copy Dropbox Link Missing
How to Move from Dropbox to OneDrive?
Method 1. Migrate Files between Dropbox and OneDrive by Downloading and Uploading
Step 1. Sign in your Dropbox account.
Step 2. Click “Files”, select the files you want to move, and click the “Download” button todownload these files to your computer.
Step 3. Sign in your OneDrive account.
Step 4. Click “Upload” button and select files downloaded on your PC to upload them to yourOneDrive account.
- You should be patience. The size of the files being downloaded will affect the time.
- Your Internet connection also affect the download speed.
- You cannot close the page otherwise everything will start from scratch.
Using this method can help move files from Dropbox to OneDrive but it may take some time tocomplete if you have a lot of files to transfer. To move from Dropbox to OneDrive in an easierand simpler way, MultCloudis definitely a great choice to help you make it.
Method 2. Copy Dropbox to OneDrive with MultCloud
MultCloud is a FREE cloud to cloud file transfer manager tool based on the web that canhelp users manage multiple cloud drives into one place and transfer files across clouddrives directly without downloading and uploading.
It supports more than 30 cloud drives at present including Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, MEGA,Flickr, Google Photos, etc. Below parts will guide you on how to move Dropbox files to OneDrivestep by step.
Step 1. Create oneMultCloud account. If you do not want to create it, you could click “Experience withoutsigning up” option to get a temp account to have a try.
Step 2. Add Dropbox and OneDrive accounts to MultCloud by clicking “Add Cloud Drives”.
Step 3. Create one “Cloud Transfer” task to transfer from Dropbox to OneDrive. Click“Cloud Transfer” button, select directory you want to move as the source, click destinationunder OneDrive as the target, click “Transfer Now” and wait for the process to complete.
- If you want to move entire Dropbox to OneDrive, you can select Dropbox as the sourcewhen creating the transfer task.
- Be sure to have enough cloud storage to store your files. If the space is notsufficient, the transfer will fail.
- If you want to exclude some files during transfer process, you could upgrade youraccount to premium account so you can use “Filter” feature.
- After upgrading your account to premium account, you will enjoy faster transfer speedcompared to the free account because MultCloud uses10 threads to transfer yourfiles at once.
- As long as the task starts, you can close the page and even shut down your PCbecause MultCloud can run your task in the background.
You can move files from Dropbox to OneDrive finally through above methods. If you prefer to usethe second method, you may find it’s not an application but a web-page tool and it won’t ask youto use download and upload process to transfer files. So it’s very easy to use. In addition to“Cloud Transfer” feature, it also has “Cloud Explorer” and “Cloud Sync” features.
Copy Dropbox Link Not Showing Up
For “Cloud Explorer”, you can do many operations including “Cut”, “Move”, “Download”,“Upload”, “Share”, “Delete”, “Rename”, etc like you are doing the operations on your cloud. Ifyou want to upload to Google Drive fromURL, you can use it.
Copy Dropbox Link
For “Cloud Sync”, it allows you to create sync relationships between clouds. It supportsone-way sync and two-way sync modes now. For example, if you want to sync from Google Photos toOneDrive, you can make full use of “Cloud Sync” feature.