The University of Michigan (UMich) is a public research university founded in 1817. Courses are offered in humanities, social sciences, architecture, STEM fields, nursing, medicine, business, law, public health, social work and dentistry. The 780-acre campus houses over 45,000 students. It has been lauded for its high research standards.
Campus Reel is your complete guide for the UMich admission process and requirements. Check it out before applying to UMich so that you don’t miss out on any requirements. One minor mistake in the application form could blow your chances of admission. To know about how to get into UMich, based on CampusReel, read below.
Is it hard to get into UMich?
With an acceptance rate of 26.28% in 2019, admission to UMich is quite a challenge. As years roll by, the acceptance rate goes down further. Though admission chances aren’t purely dependent on the acceptance rate, you can use it as a guide to narrow down colleges which are similarly competitive.
Submit an online application using Common Application or Coalition Application
- $75 application fee
- High school transcript
- School report if you are submitting via Common Application
- Counsellor recommendation if you are submitting via Coalition Application
- One academic teacher evaluation
- Competitive exam score (SAT / ACT)
- Minimum GPA score of 3.86
- TOEFL, IELTS or METLAB for non-native speakers of English
- Official college transcripts for high school students who were dual enrolled in a college
UMich requires applicants to submit their official SAT/ACT scores.
- Average SAT score of admitted student is 1405.
- Average ACT score of admitted students is 76.
You have better chances of acceptance if you aim for the average score. You’ll need to have a SAT score of 1500 if UMich tops the list of your preferred colleges. The same applies for SAT scores. Aim for a score of 67 to boost your chances of acceptance.
Why students love UMich?
There’s no doubt UMich ranks high in education. But UMich isn’t only about academic excellence. There are so more fun things to do here so that students love the atmosphere. A good atmosphere is synonymous to a happy and productive student. Check out the other reasons students love UMich.
- Who doesn’t love football? Isn’t it an amazing experience to catch a football match in The Big House cheering along with thousands of football lovers?
- Saturday morning tailgate
- Shop at the M Den for cool stuff be it game day overalls or masks
- The campus looks majestic even on cloudy days
- Get in touch with nature at Carb
- De-stress yourself using massage chairs
- The art scenes in state street
- Visit Good Time Charley’s to catch up with your pals over lip-smacking food as you catch up on a game
- Tuesday nights at Skeeps and Thursday nights at Rick’s
- Amazing restaurants at Ann Arbor
- Jumbo cheesy bread at Pizza House
Start your admission process today. Avoid waiting until the deadline to submit your application. Rushing through it increases the risk of errors and there is no place for errors when it comes to college admissions.